Senior Business Analyst
Location: Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_046991-en Apply
Senior Business Analyst
Location: Columbia, South Carolina
Are you ready to help us invigorate the way the insurance industry does business? If you are a customer-focused strategic thinker and a proven insurance industry thought leader with strong skills as a Senior Business Analyst we would like to hear from you.
We are Dovetail Insurance and we provide an advanced cloud-based technology platform that enables independent agents deliver faster, better service and expanded product selection, while giving insurance providers access to state-of-the art platform for distributing their products.
At Dovetail Insurance, a Senior Business Analyst is a trained individual who analyzes an organization or business domain and documents its business or processes or systems, assessing the business model or its integration with technology.
- Responsible for understanding business needs, facilitating business requirements, documenting business requirements in Business Requirements Documents (BRD) and developing current and future state process diagrams
- Documenting use-cases required to support business requirements for application development and developing requirements traceability matrixes as input for UAT
- May be responsible for global projects involving multiple countries, practices and functions
- Translate business strategies and objectives into business requirements. Provide traceability of business requirements to IT solutions and ensure system testing encompasses existing capabilities of solution as well as future function point requirements
- Identify, verify and document functional requirements using requirements management methodology and tools. Identify data elements and provide data mappings and dictionaries
- Analyze, design, redesign and document business processes. Ensure development community has a clear and complete understanding of the requirements.
- Conduct and facilitate acceptance tests for solutions with the user community including development of UAT test scenarios and test scripts. Develop, deliver and evaluate training and supplemental materials
- Conduct and analyze feasibility studies and impact assessments regarding implementation of IT solutions against current state parameters (process, application use-cases, non-functional impact). Partner with business and IT to define and manage scope with each release
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- IIBA Certificate desired
- 7+ years of experience analyzing business problems and designing successful solutions
- Commercial Insurance, a plus
- Work well under pressure and demonstrates strong business process analysis and documentation skills including the ability to elicit and document business requirements and lead sessions comprised of IT and business representatives
- Ability to articulate business and design concepts to end users and development teams
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to partner with IT, business and others to develop and design n successful solutions.
- Excellent communication skills including fluency in written and spoken English
Dovetail Insurance is an affiliate of Marsh Inc. As a global leader in insurance brokering and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.