Health Consulting Analyst – Columbus, Ohio – College Program 2019
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_041221-en Apply
Who We Are
We’re Mercer - a global consulting leader in health, wealth and career. Mercer has more than 22,600 colleagues based in over 40 countries. We help clients worldwide from small businesses to Fortune 1000 companies advance the health, wealth and performance of their most vital asset – their people.
THE POSITION: Health Consulting Analyst
Mercer’s 2,500 US Health consultants deliver disciplined, consistent approaches, to benchmarking, data analytics, financial management, marketing, compliance and communication. Our client focus, integrity, expertise, and innovation are why clients choose Mercer. We are committed to setting the industry standard for ethical and transparent business practices.
Health consulting analysts work closely with senior consultants in the design, financing, pricing, and administration of client companies’ health and welfare programs. You will be part of teams that plan designs, contribute strategies, and conduct benchmark studies that meet your client’s benefit and financial needs. Our stimulating and learning-filled environment will help you build strong relationships with your colleagues and our clients.
To learn more about Mercer’s Health practice, please visit https://www.mercer.com/what-we-do/health-and-benefits.html
WHAT WE VALUE:
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative, and working knowledge of Microsoft Office—Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of data analysis, project management, and presentation design
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity; seeking opportunities to develop new skills
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
WHAT’S IN IT FOR ME?
- Be challenged to deliver impactful solutions for major organizations and have a direct impact on their employees
- Fine tune your natural skills and learn new ones
- Opportunity to work with some of the smartest people in the industry
- Excellent growth, mobility and advancement opportunities
- Top benefits – generous PTO including vacation, sick, personal and even 1 day off for community service!
WHAT A TYPICAL DAY LOOKS LIKE:
- Assist senior consultants with reviewing client needs, recommending suitable approaches, and helping implement benefit program strategies
- Collect, analyze, and interpret health care data for reporting to the client
- Acquire knowledge about the insurance vendor marketplace, plan designs, health care cost factors, and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs
- Coordinate the Request for Proposal (RFP) process on behalf of a client
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets, and presentations.
- A bachelor's degree in business, math, statistics, economics, public health, or other related field
- Minimum GPA of 3.0/4.0
- Legal work authorization to work in the U.S. on a permanent and ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
At Mercer, we believe that diversity and inclusion are vital components of our future and our goal is to leverage the unique skillsets that each person brings to the company. We provide our employees with a supportive, collaborative environment that leads to innovative ideas and the ability to make an impact. If you thrive on a challenge and enjoy connecting with people, we’re looking for you!
We will review application submissions on a rolling basis. You will be contacted only if you are selected for a first round interview. The first round interview will consist of an on-demand digital video interview through the Hirevue platform.
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 60,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, please visit us at: http://careers.mmc.com/ and for a glimpse into our culture check out our profile on the Muse. Follow Mercer on Twitter @LifeatMercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/diversity. Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.