Insurance Account Assistant, Commercial Lines - Marsh & McLennan Agency - Columbus, Ohio
Location: Columbus, Ohio, United States
Company: MarshJob ID DAY0001N-en Apply
- Determines eligibility by obtaining information on clients including ordering MVR’s
- Compiles and sends submissions to Markets to obtain quotes and assists in ordering policies
- Maintains accurate system Information according to Agency, Carrier and E&O Guidelines
- Provides assistance to clients on routine inquiries including certificates and policies, and other items regarding the clients’ account
- Assists the Account Manager in the administration and preparation of summaries and proposals, direct notice of cancellations, and other assigned notices to client
- Completes ACORD Applications
- Checks policies, reviews Policy Checker notes and orders appropriate policy corrections
- Assists in the administration of endorsements including invoicing and submitting requests
- Prepares and sends invoices
- Administers audits and tracking invoicing and received payments
- Reviews simple contracts
- Prepares renewal documents and comparisons by inquiring about updates from client and learns to negotiate renewals
- Works directly with clients, underwriters and Account Managers to ensure client needs are met
- Enhances position knowledge by learning to understand complex contracts, bid spec/contract review and premium allocations
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Learn Basic Property and Casualty Insurance Terms
- Complete “How Insurance Works” Course or have equivalent knowledge
- INS 21 – Property & Liability Insurance Principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word and Excel)
- Excellent communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing
- Computer literacy for correspondence, data entry, e-mail, Internet, Carrier websites, spreadsheets and accessing data from company systems
- Demonstrate our Values
- Integrity - Demonstrates professional behaviors with honesty and respect
- Collaboration - Must be able to establish and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, clients and carriers.
- Passion for customer service - Must be able to effectively interact with internal and external clients by demonstrating basic knowledge of the clients’ business needs, instilling confidence, revolving issues, following through on commitments, and tapping all available resources in order to meet the clients’ expectations.
- Innovation - Must be able to use problem-solving skills to identify and solve problems or offer solutions using knowledge of the client as well as knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Accountability - Establishes priorities and organizes time effectively and efficiently to ensure that tasks are completed to meet or exceed customer expectations.