Client Leader, Core Markets
Location: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_045616-en Apply
Working within Trion’s Employee Health & Benefits Consulting Division; the Client Leader (CL) provides thought leadership and expertise within the health and welfare spectrum across a broad range of clients. The Client Leader will provide strategic support and oversight of the Trion Client Account Teams who are responsible for the day to day management of the accounts. This oversight will include assuring Client Stewardship and Trion’s overall value proposition is being delivered to meet Client’s needs. The CL will provide market insight and guidance to their team members, producers, clients and prospects including an in depth knowledge and practical application on strategies which best suit the employee base and the total rewards philosophy of the Client, while balancing the cost/quality equation. Expertise needed in, but not limited to, plan design, all funding options including level funding and captive solutions, wellbeing, consumerism, employee engagement including digital solutions, pharmacy, voluntary benefits, data warehousing, onsite clinic solutions as part of a Total Rewards approach to employee benefits. The CL role has overall responsibility for the retention, growth and development of a $15M+ block of business, the development and nurturing of key relationships and the delivery of a high quality health and welfare solution. The CL role will also support new sales, product development and vendor relationships.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
Thought Leadership / Expertise
- Provide expertise, mentoring and targeted coaching in support of the account management team
- Act as the senior Trion contact or relationship manager to key clients in high visibility meetings throughout the calendar year
- Ensure all clients have a clear, deliverable strategy which reflects their goals within HR and health and welfare including deployment of Trion available resources and tools through an annual stewardship report/process.
- Support account teams in setting strategic direction and thought leadership for the account base
- Utilize relevant, current knowledge in all facets of health and welfare including benefits plan design, all funding options including level funding and captive solutions, wellbeing, consumerism, employee engagement, pharmacy, voluntary benefits, data warehousing, onsite clinic solutions.
- Conceptualize, develop and deliver new products and capabilities within the health and welfare spectrum
- Stay current on industry standards and best practices as well as distribution channel offerings from carriers, specialty vendors, PBM’s, etc.
- Leverage an in depth knowledge of local and national competition to help assure competitiveness of Trion’s overall value proposition as well coordination with marketing teams as appropriate to highlight key differentiators.
- Work to educate and deploy new solutions of Trion, MMA and Marsh to internal teams and external parties as appropriate.
- Take ownership of overall career pathing of Account Managers to help provide insight into opportunities to expand knowledge base including providing appraisals, personalized career plans and support, oversight and tracking of Account Management Compensation Plan.
- Collaborate with practice leader and peers in setting the strategic direction of the consulting practice to assure sales and retention goals are achieved;
- Assume responsibility for the retention, growth and development of a $15M+ block of business
- Support account management in designing comprehensive account strategies including – product expansion, cross-sell opportunities, fee and contract negotiations.
- Manage Trion’s contractual obligations including oversight of overall account profitability including development of client/prospect specific pricing, proposed scope of services including internal chargebacks and third party costs or fees in conjunction with Trion Production teams.
- Support the account management team in handling complex client solutions, negotiations
- Support assignment of client teams for prospect meetings as well as support completion of opportunity analysis where appropriate to help Trion win business.
- Develop and nurture key client relationships with the account base.
- Serve as a point of escalations for client issues.
- Partner with carriers and vendors to understand value proposition as well as escalation point for issue resolution.