Client Service Manager - Voluntary Benefits
Location: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_059014-en Apply
As a member of the Voluntary Benefits team, the Client Service Manager (CSM) is a critical contributor to achieving a high level of client satisfaction while supporting the overall operational and technical solutions of the practice. The CSM will manage the implementation and ongoing management of new and existing Voluntary Benefit clients, which includes developing and managing project plans, creating client communications, and coordinating resources including carrier integration. The CSM will also support new and existing client sales, collaborate on the RFP process, review client profitability and develop strategies to improve plan participation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Serve as primary Voluntary Benefits client contact and manage all related day-to-day client maintenance, implementation and renewal activities for multiple clients of various complexities simultaneously.
- Develop, implement and manage project plans outlining tasks, resources, and timelines in conjunction with the client.
- Define the client’s scope and effectively manage change and risks throughout the ongoing activities.
- Coordinate and perform all tasks such as plan design, RFP’s, contracts, communications, training, testing, enrollment, carrier files, payroll, billing, and ongoing administration.
- Develop renewal presentations including recommendations to improve participation, introduce new products and present annual evaluation trends.
- Complete a revenue/expense analysis for each client to determine profitability viability.
- Track, summarize and present client expense and enrollment statistics.
- Support new business activity with the creation of new client presentations, RFP’s and prospecting/selling as needed.
- Address any client or carrier issues in a timely manner to determine root cause while establishing proper resolution.
- Support team members with quality checks of various documents, presentations and files.
- Create effective communication strategies and materials, such as newsletters, benefit summaries and highlight brochures.
- Present at client meetings, Human Resource seminars, and Benefits Fairs.
- Train clients and benefit counselors on benefit plans and enrollment processes.
- Ensure client goals and special projects are met while reporting status to leadership.
- Initiate, promote and implement continuous improvement of procedures, processes, standards and programs to gain cost-effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develop and maintain skills, knowledge and proficiencies required to be effective in renewal techniques and in support of client strategies, goals and objectives.
- Continually build knowledge and skills to keep pace with market trends.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of account management, client service and/or project management experience in benefits brokerage and insurance, benefits consulting or benefits administration is required.
- Demonstrated Voluntary Benefits knowledge is highly preferred.
- Life and Health License preferred; If not licensed, required to obtain Life and Health License within first 90 days of employment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proven ability to successfully manage multiple projects of various complexity simultaneously, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and operate in a fast-paced work environment;
- Strong project management and client planning skills;
- Proven ability to build rapport while providing superior customer service and maintaining positive relationships with internal teams and client contacts;
- Disciplined in summarizing and reporting status/results regularly;
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent problem analysis, troubleshooting, problem solving and decision making skills;
- Possess proactive mindset to seeks information to create effective solutions;
- Ability to present confidently and effectively and think creatively;
- Ability to effectively lead, influence and adapt quickly;
- Skills in coaching, mentoring, teambuilding and motivating others;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member;
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards;
- Excellent working knowledge in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Access, Project, and Outlook.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work is typically performed either on site at Trion’s Conshohocken, PA office, or at various customer/Trion locations as required.