Location: Conshohocken, Pennsylvania, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_061588-en Apply
The primary role of the Executive Assistant is to provide confidential administrative support to an executive leader. This position is responsible to provide executive administrative support to include managing expense reporting, personal and business travel, event management and oversight an executive calendar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include, but are not limited, to the following:
- Support executive in daily operations to plan and organize work, develop procedures and create processes to meet business objectives, and maintain data reporting/filing;
- Facilitate and collaborate with senior managers/stakeholders throughout the organization on special projects and effectively manage and lead special projects as needed;
- Draft, edit, and process all correspondence; documents, presentations, reports, and communications;
- Manage the executive calendars by screening and scheduling high level & confidential meetings and conference calls with sensitivity and awareness of urgency and confidentiality;
- Arrange appointments, coordinate meetings, serve as a liaison to outside groups to schedule or coordinate meetings and/or events for the Executive Leader;
- Represent the Executive Leader by welcoming visitors, guests and high level clients;
- Maintain knowledge of company operations, departments, organization and the Leader's direct reports and regional management;
- Plan, coordinate and manage logistics for executive-level on and off-site meetings and special events, including travel;
- Manage and coordinate multi-office communications, collaboration and key projects with executive leadership/stakeholder team;
- Manage the reporting and reimbursement of the leader's expenses;
- Provide guidance and assistance to the Leader in resolving technical issues related to telephones, computers, hand held devices, software, etc;
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner to facilitate positive relationships internally and externally;
- Available during non-working hours to problem-solve potential travel complications and/or short notice calendar changes.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years executive administrative experience;
- Health and Welfare experience preferred;
- Must be intermediate to advanced with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint;
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and make quick, independent decisions;
- Professional demeanor and presentation in a client facing environment;
- Must be able to organize, prioritize, follow-up and communicate effectively with all levels of the organization;
- Must be willing to work with deadlines and adapt to changing needs;
- Excellent computer and communication skills required;
- Must be willing to work in a team environment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Exercises judgment, tact, and diplomacy. Has experience handling confidential matters in a highly professional manner.
- Strong organizational, analytical skills and strong attention to detail;
- Excellent troubleshooting, decision making and problem solving skills;
- Solid interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to work well independently and as a team member;
- Ability to multitask and successfully operate in a fast-paced work environment;
- Ability to prioritize projects and meet deadlines;
- Ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards;
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and maintain positive relationships with client contacts;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including MS Word (Intermediate), Excel (Intermediate) and PowerPoint (Intermediate);
- Proficiency in use of PC such as keyboard skills and electronic folder/file organization and management;
- Aptitude for learning internal systems, applications and internal work flow of the department;
- Must be able to effectively interact with people at all levels inside and outside of the company.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is:
- Frequently required to sit; speak or hear; use hands to finger, handle, feel objects, and reach with hands and arms;
- Occasionally required to stand and walk;
- Extensive use of computer and keyboard and viewing of computer screen is required;
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include vision, and ability to adjust focus.
- Other working conditions are normal for an office environment.
- Work is typically performed either on site at Trion’s Conshohocken (primary), PA office, or at various customer/Trion locations as required.