Account Manager, Private Client (MMA Southwest)
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_072882-en Apply
JOB TITLE: Private Client Account Manager
JOB TYPE: FLSA Exempt
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Process documents necessary to maintain the Client Insurance Program, utilizing agency management system. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Act as the primary contact with the Producer and/or Client.
- New Business placement and cross selling is conducted as needed to maintain client’s insurance program.
- Initiate correspondence with the marketplace.
- Function as the primary contact with all companies to ensure proper processing of all requests necessary to effectively maintain the client’s insurance program.
- Maintain positive client relationships and have the ability to analyze situations, make proactive decisions and follow through.
- Prepare and obtain pre renewal updates for all clients.
- Create Acord applications, including Supplementals, as needed, for submissions to carriers.
- Utilize carrier websites and/or Silverplume as appropriate to price policies
- Prepare Proposals or Summaries for renewal terms
- Issue Acord Insurance Binders for renewal terms if policies are not delivered to clients prior to renewal
- Initiate Premium payment requests
- Prepare policies for delivery to client
- Identify and resolve Accounting discrepancies
- Create requests for changes to client’s coverages
- Manage Accounts Receivables
- Manage Direct Billing with respect to Cancellations
- Process mail and phone requests on daily basis
- Prepare documents for renewal terms, including Insurance Proposals, Acord Insurance Binders and Evidences of Insurance
- Adhere to document retention software documentation guidelines
- Check all insurance policies in their entirety
- In absence of more senior team members, provide direction and guidance to other team members when appropriate
- Consultative ability to instruct and direct the client as appropriate to meet client needs
Function as team member of the Agency Workforce to ensure superior service to all MMA Clients. These activities include but are not limited to:
- Delegate tasks to Analyst, as appropriate
- Delegate tasks to outsourcing teams, as appropriate.
- Ensure tasks from both Analyst and outsourcing team are completed as directed
- Ensure Analyst is performing all tasks as outlined in the MMA Analyst I or Analyst II Job Description
- Treat clients, prospects, and company employees with courtesy and respect.
- Contribute to a team approach toward meeting goals and providing excellent client service.
- Coordinate and monitor usage and quality of outsourcing teams
- Be a mentor to the Analyst, being an integral part of their training
- Provide direction and guidance to other team members when appropriate
- Build and maintain carrier and broker relationships
- Negotiate with carriers on cost and program design
- Assist in plan recommendations for the client
- Coordinate, Present and Attend Client Meetings including though not limited to:
- Schedule/Participate in Mid-year and Renewal Meetings, including coordinating materials used in meetings (with demonstrated meeting purpose (i.e., pre or post renewal meeting, claims/loss control meeting, gathering information, delivering policies, collecting payments ….etc.), with or without Producer as necessary
Demonstrate the technical expertise to assist in maintaining the Client Insurance Program. These duties include but are not limited to:
- Analyze insurance quotes and make recommendations
- Comprehend and interpret Insurance Contract requirements for Certificates
- Communicate with insurance carriers as needed
- Communicate with clients as needed
- Client facing meeting as required, either in-house or offsite
- Become proficient using premium analysis software
- Stay up to date on carrier plans and websites
- Utilize carrier online rating programs as necessary
- Negotiate with carriers on cost and program design
- Maintain knowledge of policy forms and endorsements with ability to explain detailed coverage provisions to the client and Analyst
- Design insurance program for client based on defined needs.
- Utilize agency management system to monitor pre-defined activities (policies past expiration, aged A/R, etc.)
- Identify and address any coverage gaps with Producer, carrier and client.
- Become subject matter expert and resource in area of interest or technical capability.
- Licensed: Texas P&C Agent
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree, preferred
- Minimum of 5-7 years of Private Client Account Manager Experience.
- Obtain relevant insurance designations. If no designations, then 15 years of experience as an Account Manager
- Demonstrate ability to multi-task and prioritize work
- Willingness to work to meet client needs beyond scheduled hours.
- Proficient at Word, Excel, and current internet technologies.
- Demonstrate proactive work style - Does not have to be asked or reminded of tasks.
- Ability to learn, analyze and comprehend commercial lines of insurance.
- Demonstrate ability to service clients effectively through problem solving, appropriate confidentiality, diplomacy, sensitivity and tactfulness
- Demonstrate track record of interacting with, meeting with and partnering with assigned clients to achieve mutually desired outcomes via routine client contact by phone, e-mail and periodic meetings and planning sessions
- Demonstrated experience in client facing roles, i.e., primary presenter of Client new business presentations and renewal presentations, strategy meetings, claims reviews, mid-year reviews, etc.
- Ability to interact with, support, collaborate with and direct employees in a variety of subordinate, peer and superior employee roles
- Ability to speak professionally and comfortably in front of others
- Willingness to work to meet client needs beyond scheduled hours by watching e-mail activity and answering important e-mails and calls after hours and on weekends, when necessary
- Maintain and exhibit a positive, professional attitude in the performance of your job, treat clients, prospects, and agency employees with courtesy and respect, ability to maintain composure at all times, conform to the organizational chart on all personnel matters and contribute to a company team approach toward meeting agency goals and providing excellent client services.
- Represent the agency in a competent, professional manner, appropriate business attire for all client events or meetings unless otherwise advised by the client.
- Ability to travel to meet client service needs when necessary
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.