Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_043491-en Apply
- Compiles administrative information by researching sources, collecting and interpreting data, entering data, designing new formats for department use, and maintaining database information. Improves administrative job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; bench marking state-of-the-art practices.
- Maintains office operations by assigning priorities, delegating tasks to clerical staff, following up on results, establishing office supply inventory levels, troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, and evaluating new systems and equipment. Maintains continuity of administrative work operations by documenting and communicating needed actions to management; discovering irregularities; determining continuing needs.
- Manages calendar, schedules meeting, resolves scheduling conflicts, organizes department social functions, and arranges travel for the department to optimize work performance.
- Provides training and assistance to other administrative staff in the department to ensure deadlines are met.
- Creates and provides peer review of documents to ensure all documents produced adhere to established standards and to ensure quality control of final product.
- Maintains department information by developing filing systems and procedures, and updates and purges files.
- Handles higher level internal and external inquiries to support high level of customer satisfaction and communication. Compiles administrative information by researching sources; collecting and interpreting data; entering data; formatting and designing new formats for department use; maintaining database information.
- Undertakes general administrative duties with specific projects as required. Maintains office operations by assigning priorities; delegating tasks to clerical staff; following-up on results; establishing office supply inventory levels; troubleshooting equipment malfunctions; evaluating new systems and equipment.
- High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 3 years of administrative support experience
- Intermediate Skill Level MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Insurance Industsry Knowledge
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers