Sr. H&B Consultant - Regional LAD Practice Leader
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_038555-en Apply
As part of the market leadership team, the Life, Absence and Disability (LAD) Market Leader will help set practice strategy as well as lead consulting engagements with 5,000+ life employers regarding their life, absence and disability (LAD) benefit plans and programs and negotiate with benefits carriers and vendors to secure plan coverage for these employers. To fulfill this role, the Market Leader will:
- Lead and participate in new business opportunities with sales channel partners
- Cross-sell other Mercer and Marsh and McLennan Companies products and services to clients
- Build market presence by leading and presenting at industry seminars and conferences
- Lead successful regional or national marketing initiatives
- Establish effective carrier/vendor relationships to serve clients in LAD benefits procurement and administration Leverage Mercer's size and reputation to negotiate highly competitive rates and coverage options from carriers and vendors
- Delegate effectively to provide developmental opportunities to team members while providing mentoring and coaching to direct reports and project team
- Manage service delivery, strategy, financial evaluations, plan design, renewal, business placement, benchmarking and other studies centered on clients’ LAD coverages, including time off, FMLA and ADAAA.
- Develop sophisticated benefits design and renewal strategies and drive the development of tools and solutions to address complex client issues
- Effectively communicate Mercer's position on latest industry trends to clients
- Monitor success of projects in terms of scope, budget, timeliness and client satisfaction
- Use appropriate Mercer tools in the development and execution of client strategy
- Incorporate compliance and professional standards into all work processes, including transparency, AFG, peer review and maintaining required licensure
- BA/BS degree Completion of continuing education to maintain credentials as required State Health and Life Insurance Licenses required
- 18 years experience in identifying, designing, recommending and implementing LAD benefits
- Strong, innovative sales and marketing skills plus the ability to market organizational strengths successfully
- Superior analytical and mathematical skills, strategic planning, communication, and listening skills
- Excellent organizational and project management skills with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple and complex tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills Proven management skills in leading large, complex projects
- Ability to manage, motivate, and mentor more junior level staff
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.