Client Compliance Director, Employee Benefits- MMA Midwest - Ohio
Location: Dayton, Ohio, United States
Company: MarshJob ID DAY0001P-en Apply
SUMMARY: The Client Compliance Director, Employee Benefits, acts as MMA-Midwest’s subject matter expert regarding HIPAA, Health Care Reform, ERISA, Section 125, COBRA, FMLA, and other employee benefit regulations. The Director is the first point of contact for MMA colleagues to research and respond to employee benefits compliance inquiries from clients and/or prospects. The Director also serves on the national MMA Employee Benefits Compliance Committee.
- Stays up to date with all compliance and regulatory matters, including the Affordable Health Care Act. Assists in educating team members and clients by conducting seminars, webinars, and compiling communication materials to help in the education of team members
- Researches and investigates benefits regulatory restrictions and rulings to assist client inquiries
- Assists team members in interpreting and explaining rules and regulations to clients
- Coordinates the compiling of news updates and regulatory notices for clients
- Serves as liaison between Producers, Account Mangers, Agency Compliance Directors, and Legal Counsel to ensure client concerns regarding compliance are addressed
- Reviews, educates, and consults with clients and Employee Benefit department employees on compliance checklists, ACA Reporting, Form 5500s, SPDs, cafeteria plans, HIPAA procedures, and ACA fees
- Represents MMA Midwest as the Compliance Specialist at client and prospect meetings
- Attends meetings with Insurance Carriers to learn about changes, updates, new products, new representatives, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective business relationships with clients, prospects, and team members
- Works with EB Practice Leader on special projects to enhance Agency best practices in compliance procedures
Bachelor’s Degree and Juris Doctorate degree required, focusing in the area of Employee Benefits and ERISA preferred
At least 2 years legal experience in the field of Employee Benefits/ERISA with either an insurance carrier, insurance broker or law firm
Life & Health license preferred, and required after employment
Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Excellent communication skills, including listening, speaking and writing especially in communicating technical points to a non-technical audience
Strong organizational, research, analytical and multitasking skills
Ability to meet strict deadlines and coordinate with multiple projects
Exceptional relationship development skills and interpersonal skills
These job tasks are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform these essential functions.