Employee Benefits Technology Consultant, HR Link- MMA Midwest - Ohio
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Company: MarshJob ID DAY0001J Apply
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, the world's leading global insurance broker and risk advisor. Marsh & McLennan Agency was established in 2008 to meet the needs of midsize businesses in the US. By providing services to midsize companies, MMA can successfully bridge the gap between what the “big firms” offer and the advice, solutions, and programs that smaller businesses require.
This position has overall responsibility for supporting sales and implementation of HR Link across the MMA Midwest Region/Hub. It requires detailed knowledge of HR Link and the ability to present HR Link to a variety of audiences from the Company Owner, Human Resources Manager, and C-Suite.
The position will oversee the delivery and implementation of HR Link accounts. Equally critical to success is the ability to develop a strong partnership with Department Heads, Sales, and Practice Group Leaders to ensure HR Link strategies are well integrated and aligned with these internal partners.
The HR Link Technology Consultant is also responsible for serving as the day-to-day liaison for our client contacts and their respective healthcare providers and vendors during implementations, open enrollments, and ongoing benefits administration. Responsibilities in this capacity include system configurations, creation and execution of test plans, delivering on project deliverables, maintaining employee eligibility, performing quality assurance tasks, resolving escalated client-specific issues, and collaborating with colleagues on client deliverables.
In addition, this position will be back-up to the MMA MarketLink position, and other tasks as deemed necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to the following):
Build and sustain relationships to ensure timely solutions.
Gather Client and vendor business/system needs, and translate them into effective documented requirements.
Effectively communicate system/process requirements to Clients and vendors; facilitate discussion and recommendations for alternative solutions as appropriate.
Manage and oversee new implementations and benefits renewal process for assigned client accounts including, but not limited to, on-line enrollment technology review, open enrollment updates as necessary, and testing/peer review of automated enrollment platform components.
Establish the project plan requirements for each new implementation and successive client benefits renewal.
Manage client data implementation timelines by coordinating with internal subject matter experts and team leads to assure deliverables are met.
Communicate escalated Client or data issues to appropriate internal team for resolution.
Responsible for HR Link training, education and support across the region/hub, including the delivery of product demonstrations that showcase the systems and products technically-advanced capabilities;
Educate and train Client Sales Executives (Producers) and Client Service teams on the pre & post sale process to provide maximum exposure and understanding of HR Link;
Responsible for the maintenance, execution and distribution of client presentations, implementation worksheets and contract proposals;
Oversee the implementation process in coordination with account team and HR Link team to ensure that key implementation milestones are met, and host the scheduled implementation calls with the account team and client. Manage milestones to ensure the project stays on target;
Serve as the overall HR Link subject matter expert for the region/hub, including all elements of the HR Link product/service continuum;
Provide counsel and guidance to sales and account management team members regarding ML carrier partnerships, pricing, implementation processes and timelines, and overall best practices;
Utilize and support standards for client presentations/communications, adhering to best practices that support clarity, quality and consistency, and promote the HR Link brand;
Remain abreast of marketplace, industry and competitor trends;
Assist the Hub leadership/management and client service teams with other tasks or projects related to HR Link as needed;
Accountable for all client deliverables and procedures related to benefit plan design changes for implementations, renewals and ongoing administration;
Responsible for quality assurance tasks for various client deliverables and procedures such as, but not limited to, carrier files, payroll files, billing reports, worksheets, confirms, and inbox requests;
Analyze technical requirements, test plans, training materials and procedure documents;
Execute test plans and test case scenarios to ensure requirements are being met;
Perform data manipulation, mapping, conversions, and validations utilizing internal systems, external files, Access, and Excel;
Monitor, research, and resolve escalated client issues, while coaching client team members on resolutions;
Proactively identify and resolve risks and provide proper escalation for high level resolutions;
Maintain best practices and proactively recommend opportunities for efficiency improvements;
Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, vendors, carriers and internal departments to ensure successful implementations, renewals and ongoing administration;
Ensure that HR Link Accounts are invoiced correctly.
This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions. Successful candidate will be a service-oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has contact with external clients, prospects and vendors. The HR Link Technology Consultant must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- Successful work history to include a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in product development, sales support, service marketing, and/or related experiences.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience is preferred;
- Maintain valid, unrestricted required licensing as appropriate to all states in the territory, and meet continuing education requirements.
- Ability to present product demonstrations confidentially, effectively and creatively, utilizing problem solving skills in order to develop successful solutions.
- Ability to navigate through potential client relationships and relate to various levels within the client audience along with the ability to effectively address client objections.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and adapt to changing needs in a high production environment.
- Proven ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to include work experience creating tables, charts, graphs, pivot tables, mail merger and formulas.
- Working knowledge SQL required; Access highly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Minimum experience of 1-3 years’ experience within a health care, health and welfare consulting, insurance brokerage, human resources consulting, or employee benefits related industry with experience working through an open enrollment or annual renewal benefits cycle preferred;
- Related exposure to Benefits Administration, COBRA, Spending Accounts, HRIS, and/or Payroll environments is a plus.
- This position interacts with and provides service to clients and colleagues alike, so highly level of people-service, collaboration and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to travel overnight to client and/or internal meetings.
These job tasks are representative of those required to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made as appropriate to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform these essential functions.