Technology Solutions Administrator - MMA Midwest, Ohio
Location: Loveland, Ohio, United States
Secondary Locations: Dayton,Ohio,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_060803-en Apply
This position has overall responsibility for supporting the EH&B Technology Solutions Manager, Sales, and Staff in helping with the implementation of MarketLink, HR Link, and iBenefits across the MMA Midwest Region/Hub. It requires detailed knowledge of all systems.
The EH&B Technology Solutions Administrator is also responsible for serving as the day-to-day liaison for our client contacts and their respective healthcare providers and vendors during implementations, open enrollments, and ongoing benefits administration. Responsibilities in this capacity include system configurations, creation and execution of test plans, delivering on project deliverables, maintaining employee eligibility, performing quality assurance tasks, resolving escalated client-specific issues, and collaborating with colleagues on client deliverables.
In addition, this position will be back-up to the EH&B Technology Solutions Manager, and other tasks as deemed necessary.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include, but are not limited to the following):
- Be consultative.
- Build and sustain relationships to ensure timely solutions.
- Gather Client and vendor business/system needs, and translate them into effective documented requirements.
- Effectively communicate system/process requirements to Clients and vendors; facilitate discussion and recommendations for alternative solutions as appropriate.
- Help with new implementations and benefits renewal process for assigned client accounts including, but not limited to, on-line enrollment technology review, open enrollment updates as necessary, and testing/peer review of automated enrollment platform components.
- Help develop project plan requirements for each new implementation and successive client benefits renewal.
- Follow client data implementation timelines by coordinating with internal subject matter experts and team leads to assure deliverables are met.
- Communicate escalated Client or data issues to appropriate internal team for resolution.
- Help with the implementation process in coordination with account team and Trion/Flock team to ensure that key implementation milestones are met, and host the scheduled implementation calls with the account team and client. Ensure that project milestones stay on target;
- Remain abreast of marketplace, industry and competitor trends;
- Assist the Hub leadership/management and client service teams with other tasks or projects related to MarketLink, HR Link, and iBenefits as needed;
- Accountable for all client deliverables and procedures related to benefit plan design changes for implementations, renewals and ongoing administration;
- Responsible for quality assurance tasks for various client deliverables and procedures such as, but not limited to, carrier files, payroll files, billing reports, worksheets, confirms, and inbox requests;
- Analyze technical requirements, test plans, training materials and procedure documents;
- Execute test plans and test case scenarios to ensure requirements are being met;
- Perform data manipulation, mapping, conversions, and validations utilizing internal systems, external files, Access, and Excel;
- Monitor, research, and resolve escalated client issues, while coaching client team members on resolutions;
- Proactively identify and resolve risks and provide proper escalation for high level resolutions;
- Maintain best practices and proactively recommend opportunities for efficiency improvements;
- Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, vendors, carriers and internal departments to ensure successful implementations, renewals and ongoing administration;
- (TBD) Ensure that MarketLink and HR Link Accounts are invoiced correctly.
Education and Experience:
This position requires an individual who is comfortable working at a varying pace, managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously, adjusting priorities often, and managing frequent interruptions. Successful candidate will be a service-oriented individual with high personal standards and a hands-on work style.
This position interacts with and provides service to a large group of internal associates and has contact with external clients, prospects and vendors. The EH&B Technology Solutions Administrator must be positive and approachable, and work effectively with diverse personalities. In addition, the following is required:
- Successful work history to include a minimum of 5-7 years of experience in product development, sales support, service marketing, and/or related experiences.
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Management Information Systems (MIS), Computer Science, Mathematics or equivalent work experience is preferred;
- Maintain valid, unrestricted required licensing as appropriate to all states in the territory, and meet continuing education requirements.
- Ability to present product demonstrations confidentially, effectively and creatively, utilizing problem solving skills in order to develop successful solutions.
- Ability to navigate through potential client relationships and relate to various levels within the client audience along with the ability to effectively address client objections.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and adapt to changing needs in a high production environment.
- Proven ability to follow through on and successfully execute tasks while adhering to specified quality standards.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to include work experience creating tables, charts, graphs, pivot tables, mail merger and formulas.
- Working knowledge SQL required; Access highly preferred.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required.
- Ability to operate standard office equipment.
- Minimum experience of 1-3 years’ experience within a health care, health and welfare consulting, insurance brokerage, human resources consulting, or employee benefits related industry with experience working through an open enrollment or annual renewal benefits cycle preferred;
- Related exposure to Benefits Administration, COBRA, Spending Accounts, HRIS, and/or Payroll environments is a plus.
- This position interacts with and provides service to clients and colleagues alike, so highly level of people-service, collaboration and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to travel overnight to client and/or internal meetings.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a full-service insurance, retirement, and risk management firm that specializes in providing proprietary solutions to small and middle market organizations dealing with the complexity of employee benefits and commercial insurance. As a subsidiary of Marsh, the world's largest broker and risk advisor, we provide clients with unparalleled access to local service, regional expertise and global resources.
We promote a culture of personal and professional growth and an environment where we ask our colleagues to challenge each other and themselves. We allow for people to bring their whole-self to work. This translates among colleagues, with our clients, and together with care for our families and community. We support flexible work arrangements and provide the technology to enable this. We expect mutual engagement, so colleagues who own their career and performance will thrive and have a real opportunity to craft their career path. We strive to provide growth opportunities and a platform to jump from with the safety net enabling great rewards and low risk. The biggest risks we ask people to take are to plan for success and engage honestly with a positive and solutions focused attitude. Our ideal candidates crave opportunity and relationships, rather than micromanagement and hierarchy. If you embrace the challenge of change, collaboration and community, then check us out!
Position is based out of our Dayton or Cincinnati, Ohio locations. 15-20% travel is required. Travel consists of driving to nearby offices and client sites approximately monthly as well as 2-3 overnight trips per month.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are equal opportunity employers.