Enterprise Application Engineer
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Secondary Locations: Denver,Colorado,United States;London,United Kingdom;Phoenix,Arizona,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_048512-en Apply
Enterprise Application Engineer
Location: Hoboken, Denver, London, Phoenix
We are Marsh Inc. a global leader in insurance broking and risk management and we are looking for an Enterprise Application Engineer. Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs.
You will be responsible for the application lifecycle strategy and management, license management, vendor management, project management and tier 3 support of Enterprise Applications. In this circumstance, Enterprise Applications are defined as 3rd party applications used by multiple Operating Companies, but not specific to that company’s industry. Examples include Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Project and Visio, etc.
- Ensure enterprise applications meet technical standards and aligns with desktop strategy
- Manage vendor relationship, develop roadmaps and manage lifecycle policies.
- Manage license usage and compliance.
- Annual review to ensure alignment with end user services strategy
- Review and approve new enterprise application requests
- Test enterprise applications, upgrades and patches against the core build
- Manage packaging process for enterprise applications
- Support Business UAT testing, upgrade testing and patch testing
- Maintain application data and profiling entries in the Application Profiling Tool
- Review and approve ad hoc requests for enterprise applications
- Manage the compliance position for enterprise applications
- Process design and automation targeting measured deliverables to reduce manual processes.
- Manage projects/initiatives to standardize application versions and consolidate application codes
- Create, maintain and manage test groups, with representation from all Operating Companies with specific needs for specific applications.
- Implement additional projects as required
- Provide tier 3 application support for enterprise applications as required
- BS – Computer Science, Engineering
- 5+ years of experience in a complimentary role for a large scale organization
- Excellent analysis skills and the ability to develop processes and methodologies.
- Experience performing analysis on trends and recommendation on reductions and improvements
- Success developing rapport with Operating Company representatives to build support for consolidation and compliance efforts
- Skilled in developing and managing product roadmaps and using JIRA and Confluence
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world’s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.