Investment Consulting Analyst
Location: Seattle, Washington, United States
Secondary Locations: Denver,Colorado,United States;San Francisco,California,United States;Los Angeles,California,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_052135-en Apply
A great opportunity exists in the Investment business for an Analyst. If you have an eye for detail and like working with data, and are passionate in developing yourself in this area, then this could be for you! The role of Investment Analyst is to support consultants in all aspects of investment consulting work. You will act as an analyst on large, medium and small clients and be the main contact internally and externally across several investment matters Your responsibilities will also involve:
- Producing and checking complex investment performance reports for accuracy.
- Analyzing different investment markets including evaluations of portfolio characteristics and explaining how the investment styles of various managers impact investment performance.
- Supporting investment manager searches, managed fund selection, asset allocations and other investment related project work
- Keeping clients informed of major developments within the industry, including governance issues and changes within other investment management firms
As the successful candidate you will have exposure within an analytical role and demonstrate a strong interest in Investment Consulting. Further skills and knowledge required:
- Tertiary qualification preferably in Finance, Business, Economics or other related discipline and/or studying towards CFA, CIMA or Actuarial qualifications
- An understanding of investment markets and products as well as the management of assets
- Recent graduate to three years’ work experience as this is an entry level position
- Competency in numeracy and analytics
- Sound problem solving and attention to detail
- Organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
Mercer delivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce. Mercer’s more than 22,000 employees are based in 43 countries and the firm operates in over 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With more than 65,000 colleagues and annual revenue over $14 billion, Marsh & McLennan helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment. Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, which advises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions; Guy Carpenter, which develops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities; and Oliver Wyman, which serves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visit www.mercer.com. Follow Mercer on Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.