Sentinel Project Manager
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Denver,Colorado,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_081739-en Apply
About the Mercer Sentinel Group
Mercer Sentinel is a dedicated global group within Mercer Investments. Mercer Sentinel consists of 50 full time staff, focused on consulting to clients within the investment industry on all aspects of investment operations, custodial and other third party services. Our operating hubs are New York, Chicago, Denver, London, Dubai, Singapore and Sydney. Mercer Sentinel’s Operational Risk Group consults on risks and governance related to investment operations, operating models, governance, and implementation of investment managers.
The Project Manager position is a critical role and will report directly to Mercer Sentinel’s America’s Director. The Project Manager will provide project management and various support responsibilities in working with the Mercer Sentinel leadership team. The role will include involvement with internal and client projects, while interfacing with Mercer consultants and Mercer Sentinel clients as well as other Mercer groups. The Project Manager will support the Director and help achieve group objectives.
- Act as liaison between Sentinel and other Mercer staff
- Support and collaborate in managing ongoing projects and client communications
- Participate and provide guidance with the leadership team in decision making discussions
- Take on special projects related to core business activities
- Create presentations and prepare RFP responses
- Leverage prior operational experience in implementing projects
Experience and Skills:
- BA/BS required
- Solution oriented mindset
- Ability to work with various stakeholders
- Able to manage a wide variety of projects varying in complexity and meet deadlines
- Strong project management skills
- Outstanding organizational skills
- Proesssional demeanor with strong written and oral communication skills
- 5-10 years of experience in project management roles
- Investment industry experience
- Operations experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure, juggle multiple tasks, and work efficiently against tight deadlines
- Willingness to expand knowledge base and adapt to new responsibilities
- Ability to work as part of a team
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.