Associate - Abu Dhabi
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Company: MercerJob ID R_040825-en Apply
Mercer is a leading global consultant in Career, Health and Wealth with more than 23,000 employees world wide.
We are looking to hire a Actuarial Consultant to our team in Abu Dhabi. This position is for an established and productive professional individual contributor to Actuarial Retirement Consulting, who works independently with minimal supervision. This position will provide detailed analysis, perform necessary calculations and will be fully responsible for client deliverables.
The candidate will be part of Mercer’s wealth team, will work under supervision of his senior colleagues, directly facing clients and continually challenged to achieve clients objective
- Work closely with clients on a daily basis and directly report to client’s top management
- Building in-house actuarial projection models, tools and calculators with clear documentation to regularly estimate financial impact on actuarial liabilities and financial sustainability.
- Data analysis, reporting and presentation.
- Preparation of technical presentations, letters, memos to internal and external senior stakeholders.
- Continuous training and transfer of knowledge to client’s employees at all levels.
- Any other tasks that might be assigned.
- A minimum of undergraduate degree in Actuarial Science or related filed with good progress towards actuarial qualifications (FIA/ FSA/FCIA).
- 5+ years of pension and social insurance work experience. Consulting experience or GCC experience is a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of DB valuation process, factors impacting liabilities and possible resolutions.
- Familiarity with international demographic and financial trends and challenges facing retirement systems.
- Demonstrated communication and presentation skills in both Arabic and English (verbal/written) is a must together with interpersonal skills and ability to interact effectively with a diverse audience.
- Be based in Abu Dhabi with ability to relocate if needed.