Engagement Manager - Public Sector
Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Company: Oliver WymanJob ID R_045788-en Apply
With offices in 50+ cities across nearly 30 countries, Oliver Wyman is a management company that combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has about 5,000 professionals around the world who help clients optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities.
We create breakthroughs to achieve the amazing. We do so by
- Driving innovations that strengthen businesses and the world in which they operate
- Enabling private-public solutions for societies’ biggest challenges
- Promoting strategic business responses to geopolitical events
Oliver Wyman’s Dubai Office is looking to appoint Engagement Managers to support its continued expansion in the government and public sector, a strategic priority for the firm. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a successful team early in its development. Consultants are given the opportunity for rapid professional growth, to participate in entrepreneurial work, and to share in the success of the team.
Engagement Managers drive the delivery of client engagements as “on the ground” managers. This role has day-to-day responsibility for the quality of our project delivery to clients, both in the context of specific projects and the client's overall strategic direction. They are responsible for acting as a key contact with senior level clients and delivering high quality work, for developing and capturing intellectual capital and for supporting new or expanded business opportunities. They manage client relationships and provide "thought leadership" and creativity whilst mobilizing client teams. Internally Engagement Managers have the dual task of providing guidance and coverage for more junior consultants as well as insight and leverage for partners.
We welcome applicants with a proven track record of excellence. Successful applicants typically have previous experience in managing projects with tight deadlines, excelling within a team environment and establishing and maintaining strong business relationships.
The position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Be able to grasp new areas of public sector issues rapidly with quick structuring of the broader concept
- Develop new policy for social, economic and geo-political issues associated with the region – especially labour, education, economy, social and security
- Lead successful delivery of policy development engagements with varied government and industrial stakeholders on the ground
- Support the origination of high value added consulting opportunities and proposal efforts and converting these into projects
- Develop new insights into the public sector domain and issues based on engagements and knowledge acquisition
- Be able to develop deep analytical frameworks and tools to support policy development and transformation – making them institutional
- Support business development activities even outside of immediate industry/ content scope
- Together with local market office leaders managing a team of more junior consultants