Compliance Business Partner
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Company: MarshJob ID R_078647-en Apply
The Compliance Business Partner will work with the Business and Risk and Compliance functions to define and oversee the compliance framework for Marsh Ireland Brokers Limited. They will work closely with the Head of Risk & Compliance to ensure that there is effective second line oversight. They will provide guidance, support and advice to the business on compliance matters and contribute to the growth and development of the business at a senior organisational and commercial level and work with the business to define appropriate requirements, particularly from a governance and oversight perspective.
The 1st Line of Defence remains responsible for the implementation and embedding of all compliance policies, procedures and practices. This role assists both the 1LOD and 2LOD in achieving its objectives.
- Provide Compliance oversight, management and reporting to the CEO, Head of Risk and Compliance, Senior Management and, as appropriate, Boards/Board Committees;
- Provide assistance, judgement and challenge to the CEO, Chairman and Board of the business to enable them to understand the governance framework and ensure the appropriate measures are in place to appropriately manage compliance within the business and mitigate regulatory risk;
- To work with the business, Head of Risk & Compliance and the wider risk and compliance teams to develop an appropriate compliance framework, policies and procedures, which will facilitate the business in identifying, assessing and managing compliance risk within the business, meeting the standards set by the Company and regulatory requirements. It is the role of the business to implement and embed the compliance framework, policies and procedures;
- Undertake compliance monitoring activities including the review of client files and associated documents in line with agreed Compliance Plan, Compliance Monitoring Plan and Quality Assurance Plan
- Ensure all compliance principles, policies and procedures are clearly defined and regulatory developments are proactively appraised and communicated;
- Challenging business judgement, where necessary, which threatens client outcomes or exposes Marsh to heightened, unplanned for risks;
- Project manage compliance risk assessments for the business
- Assisting senior management and the business to understand the risk, compliance and corporate governance responsibilities in relation to both regulatory standards and Company requirements;
- Understand the regulatory landscape drawing out the key regulation and legislation for each specialist area and where the company is most at risk;
- Provide support, guidance and advice on compliance matters in mergers, acquisitions and strategic growth and development plans;
- Maintain regulatory, agency and other contractual records in line with Company standards;
- Facilitate referrals from the business to Financial Crime team;
- To act as the Money Laundering Reporting Officer for the business;
- To act as the Data Protection and Information Security champion within the business;
- Perform ad hoc compliance projects as required;
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with external stakeholders as necessary / appropriate;
- Provide relevant training to team members;
- Represent the Company at relevant industry events;
- Provide an update to Management Meetings of changes in regulation and Central Bank compliance requirements;
- Assisting the business in all aspects of Central Bank ONR Reporting.
- Monitor and advise on Training and Competence Schemes and the review of business Key Performance Indicators.
Risk and Compliance Advice
- Act as a trusted advisor and subject matter expert to advise the business on compliance matters, where required. This includes compliance training where necessary;
- Provide advice and guidance to the business from a technical, knowledge and behavioural perspective;
- Support and advise the business when delivering and enforcing compliance findings and recommendations, especially when corrective action is necessary;
- Advise the business on emerging regulatory developments and requirements, including the preparation and execution of regulatory policy gap analyses. Working with the business, ensure the findings are implemented by the business.
- Provide direct, clear professional advice and challenge to the senior management of the business in areas of risk, compliance and controls;
- To participate and be a strong voice in a community of risk and compliance, business controls officers and operations colleagues in the businesses;
- Be confident, professional, clear and direct about the subject;
- Be an effective member of the wider team.
- All written and verbal communication needs to be clear, concise and professional;
- Effective report writing skills are a pre-requisite of the role;
- Presentation skills are also important, along with the ability to use PowerPoint;
- Build appropriate relationships with internal and external parties in order to aid the efficient and productive working relationship between Risk & Compliance.
Ideal Person Profile:
- A strong commercial individual highly motivated with a proven track record of effective influencing skills and the ability to liaise and work with senior management;
- Good understanding and working knowledge of current compliance practices & techniques, and the ability to apply and interpret regulation and policy proportionately;
- In depth knowledge of the nominated businesses and the regulatory environment within which the Company operates;
- A strong knowledge of corporate governance practices;
- Must be strong, confident persuasive communicator (oral and written) and capable of robust dialogue;
- Strong organisational skills and ability to enjoy working well under pressure;
- Ability to develop and enhance business processes and procedures.
- Professional qualification in risk management and / or compliance;
- Legal qualification would be an advantage;
- Experience of compliance with exposure to risk management.