Pension Administrator - Contract
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Company: MercerJob ID R_074566-en Apply
Manage administrative and case management issues as well as data processing activities on a daily basis. Monitor project schedules to ensure timelines and deliverables are met; notify project manager or client if timelines are in jeopardy. Test and analyze pension data and systems during implementation and administration. Manage client data using variety of technical tools and resources. Manage client requests and processes.
This is an exciting and challenging opportunity to work as part of the DC Administration team to provide a high quality and fully compliant standard of service to your own portfolio of pension scheme clients.
The DC Administration team currently manages a portfolio of approximately 150 DC schemes. The overall team size is more than 60, with some team members located offshore. Portfolio Administrators report into a Team Manager and will be part of a team of 12.
Mercer is a global leader in human resource consulting and related services. The firm works with clients to solve their most complex human capital issues by designing and helping manage health, retirement and other benefits. Mercer’s 21,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries.
In Ireland, Mercer employs over 500 employees in offices based in Dublin and Cork.
Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. With 52,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue exceeding $10 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies is also the parent company of Marsh, a global leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter, a global leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; and Oliver Wyman, a global leader in management consulting.
Your Responsibilities and Objectives
Overall responsibility for the end to end processing of your own portfolio of schemes including the following:
• Ensuring all compliance and client specific Service Level Agreements (SLA) are met on an ongoing basis
• Liaising with offshore colleagues to ensure that they are processing any tasks assigned to them as per the agreed timelines
• Monitoring and updating the workflow system to ensure that all work can be tracked effectively.
• Interacting with the various investment managers to ensure that all money movements are completed in a timely manner and that the internal record keeping system reflects the unit holdings held with the investment manager on an ongoing basis.
• Processing monthly switching as per member requests
• Preparing and dispatching annual benefit statements
• Working with the Fund Accounts team in the preparation of the Trustee Annual Report
• The annual renewal of risk benefits (life, PHI , premium protection) for your schemes and any necessary interaction with the relevant life companies
• Main point of contact for administration matters with the HR/Payroll teams in your client companies
• High level of accuracy/attention to detail
• Excellent organisational skills and ability to meet deadlines
• Strong analytical skills
• Effective communication skills and ability to provide a high level of customer service to your clients
• Flexible approach
• 5 years plus pension’s administration experience in a consultancy firm, brokerage, life office or working on an in-house scheme (desirable). Ideally group or company DC pension administration experience.
• Investment switching experience and/or experience in processing risk benefits (desirable).
• Successful completion of the Pensions QFA module (desirable) or working towards same
• Ability to work with Microsoft Excel to at least intermediate standard.
• Previous working experience of Microsoft Excel formulae, pivot tables and V look–ups required
• Working experience of Microsoft Word and Outlook also required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhausted list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Mercer is an equal opportunities employer