Senior Contract Associate - New York, Philadelphia, Minneapolis or Seattle
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Edina,Minnesota,United States;Philadelphia,Pennsylvania,United States;Seattle,Washington,United States;
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_079233-en Apply
Under limited supervision, perform all or some of the following core job functions:
- Management of assigned client base for all aspects of reinsurance contracts.
- Interpret and assess contracts and perform quality assurance review to ensure contract wording reflects intent of reinsurance negotiations.
- Proactively recommend coverage and wording enhancements and raise potential coverage issues, as appropriate.
- Support Brokers by providing effective responses to all contract-related inquiries with Client and/or Markets.
- Research and respond to inquiries from Brokers, Clients and Markets. Input contract status data on the electronic document tracking system.
- Utilize CSS Dashboard and/other legacy tracking tools to manage contract performance.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets.
- Participate in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintain strong working relationships and participate in initiatives and/or contribute where required to deliver outcomes. Seek opportunities to increase own understanding and improve the services provided.
- Maintain broad understanding of the environment in which the client operates and the marketplace in which the transactions that Guy Carpenter handles take place.
Compliance and Regulatory Review
- Understand all published procedures and compliance policies. When new procedures are provided, understand and adopt new procedures as rolled out, take required training and speak up with any question or concerns uncovered in your role at Guy Carpenter.
- Demonstrate understanding of and appreciation for the way in which own actions/inactions protect or subject GC to potential errors & omissions.
- Support team by maintaining Colleagues’ workloads in their absence.
- Attend Client meetings as requested.
Education - Bachelor’s Degree and applicable experience preferred.
Experience - Minimum of 7 years of directly related experience in insurance/reinsurance industry.
Knowledge and Skills -
- Knowledge of contract law, contract provisions, reinsurance concepts and principles, basic regulatory controls and general business trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications (presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets and GC colleagues at all levels.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Understanding of project management methodology, stakeholder management, and risk mitigation.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Consistently provide guidance by mentoring and/or training colleagues.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
Other Requirements - Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) required; Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) a plus.