Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_058935-en Apply
We are looking for a Senior Consultant in our JLT office in Edinburgh to focus on developing client relationships ideally with corporate clients in excess of £500,000.00.
- Ensuring that client expectations are met delivering the service personally and co-ordinating other services from specialists within the Company
- Ensuring that clients become and remain referenceable
- Ensuring that clients do not leave JLT
- Ensure JLT truly understands the clients' needs and objectives, and provides appropriate JLT solutions where possible
- To increase revenue and profitability of the clients in your portfolio
- To provide a cost effective and high quality service which meets the needs of clients (clients first)
- Providing services on a commercial basis
- Where appropriate, assisting in the development of JLT propositions
Main responsibilities and accountabilities
- Ensure that the quality of service provided to stakeholders is continuously high
- Ensure compliance with appropriate regulatory and statutory requirements
- Ensure that there are effective arrangements in place to understand and meet the needs of clients
- Ensure that relevant procedures and processes are adhered to
- Ensure financial and other information is available to meet internal and external requirements
- To develop a culture of mentoring and personal development within the business.
Experience and Education Requirements
- At least 6 years’ experience of working as a Pensions Consultant with DB experience
- Relevant degree / professional qualification PMI (or equivalent)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Legal entity structure of JLT Group and JLT Benefit Solutions
- Services provided by JLT
- JLT’s client details
- JLT’s policies and procedures
- Client development plans and key partners
- JLT’s systems to service the business
- Current and informed knowledge of relevant legislation and regulations and how to apply them.
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, on a group and 1-1 basis.High standard of written report writing skills.Listening skills.
- Analytical and investigative skills.
- Establish and manage relationships with internal staff and external parties
- Commercial Credibility
- Drive & Resilience
- Planning and Organising
- Delivering Solutions
- Relationship Building
- Leadership & Influence
- Driving Change & Improvement
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, pension schemes, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.