Senior Pensions Administrator
Location: Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Company: MercerJob ID R_074787-en Apply
Do you enjoy sharing your Pension knowledge to build junior staff members?
Do you consider yourself a natural team leader?
Do you have final salary and manual occupational pension experience?
Reporting to the Administration Service Manager, this role is at the very core of Mercer Services within the Wealth arm of our business supporting Members, Trustees and Clients. The main purpose of this role is to assist managing our clients’ pension schemes by ensuring that they receive the information they need to enable them to make informed decisions on their benefits. But also, be able to build your skill set as a potential leader of our business by guiding and coaching our trainee administrators to develop their experience. You will do this through peer reviewing their work, providing constructive feedback but also role modelling your own experience dealing with complex calculations and sharing your industry knowledge.
Perhaps you have extensive experience as a Pensions Administrator and want a new change/challenge to step up into a people leader. Or, maybe you’re looking for a change of pace with a company that are market leaders and would like some versatility of clients but still with a community office feel. Whatever it is, we’d like to hear your story!
Responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Perform pensions calculations, enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events
- To promptly and professionally communicate with clients and scheme members on queries when required via letter, e-mail and telephone
- Act as a coach and provide timely feedback to peers
- Respond to errors and ensure complaints are handled effectively
- Be a champion of change and provide opinions if you have an idea to create more efficiencies
- Act as a leader and peer review your colleagues work and guide them along the way
- Continuous achievement of 95% Service Levels for member processing and completion of scheme event processing in line with timescales agreed with the clients at the required level of quality.
As this role will be dealing with pension calculations, it’s important that you consider the following before submitting your application:
- GSCE completion in mathematics and English (grade C and above)
- Knowledge and willingness to learn about different schemes
- Some people leader skills (confidence in providing feedback and conducting peer reviews)
- Final salary and manual occupational pension calculation experience necessary
Benefits of working with us
At Mercer, we offer a range of benefits and rewards (some of which are listed below) in exchange for your willingness to learn, interest in Pensions and to progress within the team.
Interested? Please apply online by submitting your resume and a brief cover letter stating what attracts you to this role.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.