Sales Representative - ENCON
Location: Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Company: MarshJob ID R_040001-en Apply
ENCON Group Inc. is one of Canada's leading insurance management companies which develops and administers insurance programs and distributes them through a network of licensed plan advisors to individuals, professionals, organizations and employers.
At ENCON, we believe our people are our most important asset. We offer a dynamic & challenging work environment, training and development opportunities, a competitive total rewards package and believe in work/life balance.
We are currently recruiting for a Sales Representative for our Group Benefits Department in our Edmonton office to work with and develop our Southern Alberta, interior BC and Saskatchewan markets. This position is responsible to develop and maintain relationships with brokers in order to market and sell our group benefit program to business owners.
- Present value proposition in the marketplace in order to achieve new business sales quota and retention targets within an assigned territory
- Prospect for new brokers and develop existing relationships
- Educate and motivate brokers to sell our group benefits program
- Manage an inforce block of business through annual renewal cycle
- Approach business development in a strategic manner
- Manage client and/or broker issues proactively
- Maintain knowledge of current industry trends and competition
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing or related field
- 5 years in insurance sale experience (preferably group benefits)
- Proven track record in a results based sales environment.
- Strong technical skills
- Superior oral, written and presentation skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Life license is an asset and will be required within the first 12 months of employment
A leading managing general underwriter in Canada, ENCON has a rich history in specialty insurance, starting in the 1960s when it launched professional liability insurance for architects and engineers. Since then, ENCON has continually expanded its unique range of products and risk management services. Its enhanced technology solutions are driven by innovation and a nimble, change-oriented business philosophy. ENCON also offers life and health insurance services to support brokers and clients across all industries. It is based in Ottawa, Ontario with offices in Mississauga, Ontario, and Edmonton, Alberta.