Location: El Dorado Hills, California, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_049869-en Apply
The Critical Connection Between Careers, Workforces, and Business Performance
Talent Is the Final Frontier
The market landscape is changing at an unprecedented pace. Customer and client expectations are constantly evolving. Companies are merging at historic rates. Technology is developing faster than the market can keep up with. So what competitive advantage is left?
The answer: People. Your people are your only irreplaceable assets, the ones who will make the difference now and for years to come.
Associates will have a range of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
· Providing support for detailed due diligence on private equity fund, direct investment, co-investment and secondary investment opportunities, including quantitative and qualitative performance analysis;
· Performing extensive financial analysis and modeling in a variety of private equity related areas including asset allocation, investment pacing, risk management and valuation;
· Analyzing investment manager, fund and portfolio company financial statements;
· Completing in-depth market, competitor and strategy research;
· Drafting investment memoranda and preparing other reports and financial analysis;
· Maintaining our investment database;
· Assisting with ad-hoc analysis and report requests from clients relating to private equity; and
· Interacting with clients, general partners and other industry participants.
This position is based in our El Dorado Hills office and offers excellent growth potential with hands on exposure and interaction across leading institutional investors and private equity firms.
The ideal candidate for the Associate position will have three to five years of work experience at an investment bank, investment management or finance-oriented consulting or advisory firm. Candidates possessing an MBA or CFA are strongly preferred. Additionally, candidates should possess the following key attributes:
· Communication skills: Written and verbal communication with clients, investment managers and within a team is extremely important. Candidates must be comfortable interfacing with colleagues, clients and investment managers and be able to articulate complex issues both verbally and in writing.
· Desire to excel: Candidates need to be driven to succeed with an ability to manage multiple tasks and adapt to a changing, fast-paced environment. We are seeking individuals with a strong presence that are hard-working, highly responsible, efficient and intellectually curious.
· Team player: Being a team player is particularly critical in a growing firm. We enjoy working together and are looking for an individual that embraces our culture and wants to play a key role on our team.
· Technically proficient: Candidates need to be professional with highly-developed analytical and problem-solving skills, quantitative and qualitative abilities and a strong attention to detail. Extensive experience with Excel, Word and PowerPoint is required.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.