Location: Exeter, United Kingdom
Secondary Locations: Edinburgh,United Kingdom;
Company: MercerJob ID R_056942-en Apply
Analyst – Mercer – Exeter/Edinburgh
We have a fantastic opportunity for an Analyst to join the Consulting Operations team at Mercer in either Exeter or Edinburgh. The team provides core high quality work to pension actuaries and collaborates with other business areas in addition to using their skills in commercial proposition development , report design and process controls.
You will provide general technical support to team members and colleagues with client management responsibilities, including the drafting of reports and provision of technical calculations and figures, to ensure the provision of an efficient, professional, and profitable service.
General technical support
- Produce neat, dated and fully referenced work that is easy to check and easy to follow at a later
date, in accordance with internal policies and procedures.
- Draft letters and reports as instructed that are clear, complete and in line with internal and
- Analyse and summarise membership data, scheme documentation and asset information.
- Carry out actuarial valuations of defined benefit occupational pension schemes' liabilities and other
calculations as required.
- Perform all work to professional standards, within client and statutory deadlines and budgets.
- Deal with questions from actuaries and communicate technical information, providing the client with
a clear understanding and minimising the number of follow up queries.
Skills & Experience
You will be highly numerate with good analytical and problem solving skills. A strong academic background is essential. A high quality maths or maths related degree or strong A-level results including Maths grade A. Alternatively a pensions administration or actuarial background.
About the company:
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients.