Business Insurance Assistant
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_051801-en Apply
Established as one of the premier insurance agencies in the USA, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is meeting the needs of mid-sized businesses across the country. MMA’s services are targeted to customers who seek professional advice on program structure, market knowledge, experience and expertise in their industry, along with local resources and service professionals.
MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients. We offer specialized products and services covering a wide spectrum of risks.
As an MMA associate, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Unmatched, scalable resources
- International platforms tailored at the local level
- Focused practice groups/industry verticals
- Belief in the power of strong carrier partnerships
- A firm that is committed to core values
The Business Insurance Assistant provides support to the Client Account Management team in managing all phases of the Certificates of Insurance and Evidence of Property process.
Primary responsibility regarding Certificates of Insurance:
- Process day-to-day certificate requests received from internal and external clients.
- Process and issue new business and renewal certificates.
- Review policies and agency management system to ensure certificates are being issued based on coverage in place.
- Process policy change requests/endorsements such as adding vehicles, adding mortgagee clauses and additional insureds as a result of the certificate requests.
- Update agency management system of any changes resulting from processing certificates.
- Review and manage certificate holder lists.
- High School diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
- Strong Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills
- Insurance agency experience preferred but not required
- Excellent customer service skills
2011, 2013, 2015 BEST PLACES TO WORK - South Florida Business Journal
2012 HEALTHIEST EMPLOYERS - South Florida Business Journal
2011 TOP INSURANCE FIRMS IN SOUTH FLORIDA - Business Leader Magazine
2009, 2011, 2015 SOUTH FLORIDA WORKSITE WELLNESS AWARD
2016, 2018 AMERICA’s BEST LARGE EMPLOYERS - Forbes