Health & Benefits Analyst
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Company: MercerJob ID R_044925-en Apply
The H&B Benefits Analyst will provide support to the Health & Benefits consulting teams by assisting with reporting, communications, preparing and analyzing Requests for Proposals (RFPs), preparing meaningful exhibits and working on various projects as assigned. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assists the consulting team in gathering, organizing, entering and analyzing data to be used for various client projects.
- Follows up with client or existing vendor regarding missing or inaccurate information.
- Gathers benchmarking utilization or rate data from the vendors via a Request for Proposal (RFP); summarizes the responses from the RFP for presentation to the client by team members.
- Gathers design data from the client and current vendors needed for analyzing the impact of a client’s consolidation and/or marketing of its healthcare plans; typically involves organizing plan design details and costs for further analysis by the team; responsibilities also include checking data for reasonableness and follow-up with vendors regarding missing or inaccurate data.
- Learns the basics of products, services and tools - gain an understanding of vendor/carrier markets, basic underwriting and financial skills, products, services and technical tools, and intranet resources and participates in training courses, online learning, or through learning from more experienced colleagues.
- Contributes to the preparation of client presentations - create basic draft presentations to summarize client data obtained from vendors consultants; develops charts in Excel to summarize data for use in PowerPoint; draft presentation is reviewed by more senior team members before final presentation to the client.
- Ensures all client files have the most recent correspondence and client information.
- Reviews certificates of coverage and contracts for accuracy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of benefit compliance with related federal and state laws.
- Basic understanding of health and welfare plan benefits is a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint to include creating tables, charts, graphs, pivot tables and formulas.
- Good analytical skills
- Strong self-starter, fast learner, quality conscious and commitment to deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent career experience is preferred.
- Previous experience in benefits and/or worksite/community health promotion preferred.
- Current Life and Health licensure or ability to obtain within 90 days of employment.
- Travel to client locations may be required. Must have valid transportation.
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.