Sales Manager, Business Insurance
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_076271-en Apply
Established as one of the premier insurance agencies in the USA, Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is meeting the needs of mid-sized businesses across the country. MMA’s services are targeted to customers who seek professional advice on program structure, market knowledge, experience and expertise in their industry, along with local resources and service professionals.
MMA provides global risk management, risk consulting, insurance brokerage, alternative risk financing, and program management services for businesses, public entities, associations, professional services organizations, and private clients. We offer specialized products and services covering a wide spectrum of risks.
As an MMA associate, you can expect:
- Competitive compensation
- Entrepreneurial leadership
- Unmatched, scalable resources
- International platforms tailored at the local level
- Focused practice groups/industry verticals
- Belief in the power of strong carrier partnerships
- A firm that is committed to core values
Provide leadership and general oversight for planning and directing activities to provide structure and resources necessary to develop our new Producers (Alphas & Omegas). Works closely with the Division President to ensure alignment to and attainment of the Agency’s broader goals. Leads and manages Producers to ensure highest level of profitability through strong, effective relationships with sales markets. Assists, directly and indirectly, with generating revenue by obtaining new and retaining existing client relationships.
- Develop and manage the new producer (Alpha/Omega) support team to include liaisons and commercial lines account management team.
- Develop and manage all new producers (Alpha/Omega) hired for the first 12 months of employment
- Develop and deliver policies and objectives to ensure the most effective operation of the new producer programs and other operational and insurance education for large commercial producers.
- Work with internal and external resources to continue to refine new produce education, focusing more on those things which will shorten the time to validation and straight commission.
- Collaborate with Sales Leadership and niche-focused Senior Producers to identify opportunities for individual new producers to pursue those niches, leveraging our sales and service efficiencies.
- Work with Sales Leadership, HR, and Division President to obtain the top new producer prospects from targeted recruiting channels and events via regular communication and involvement associated with those targeted channels. Focus on MMA’s competitive advantage and look for ways to innovate in the recruitment process.
- Develop and deliver measurable performance criteria, monitor and conduct performance reviews to maintain sales results; providing counseling and directing producers as needed, to obtain maximum sales volume and profitability
- Identify and implement a process through SalesForce for collaboration of new producer support resources, new producers, and Senior/Sales Leadership included on new prospects.
- Aid in coordination of point of sale resources: technical, sales, marketing, claims, etc.
- Develop and champion key carrier and broker partnerships to leverage resources to accomplish mutual goals.
- Coordinate and assist in collection of basic, industry-specific service/coverage information to share with new producer support team in prospective niche areas.
- Be a model mentor and identify and mentor those capable of assuming future key leadership positions in the firm and lend knowledge and experience to the company’s decision making processes.
- Florida Agent’s 2-20 license required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Will consider equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 5+ years of sales or service experience and expertise within the insurance industry with an understanding of the independent insurance broker and its competitive position in the market. Previous management experience preferred.
- Previous experience as Business Insurance/Commercial Lines sales professional preferred.
- Familiarity with South Florida Market preferred.
- Strong Leadership skills and proven track record of recruiting and developing producers preferred.
- Outstanding professionalism and business planning capability.
- Strong client experience skills with a proved record of successfully developing and implementing client retention programs.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Must be a self-starter, comfortable managing a diverse team and navigating a matrix environment.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, and writing skills, as well as a high level of proficiency with PowerPoint and Excel.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all levels in the organization and different groups/stakeholders.
- Ability to travel (30-40%).
2015, 2013, 2011 BEST PLACES TO WORK - South Florida Business Journal
2012 HEALTHIEST EMPLOYERS - South Florida Business Journal
2011 TOP INSURANCE FIRMS IN SOUTH FLORIDA - Business Leader Magazine
2015, 2011, 2009 SOUTH FLORIDA WORKSITE WELLNESS AWARD
2018, 2016 AMERICA’s BEST LARGE EMPLOYERS - Forbes
2016 AHA Fit Friendly
2019, 2017, 2016 SOUTH FLORIDA’S TOP WORKPLACES – Sun Sentinel
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.