Senior Specialist - Problem Management
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Secondary Locations: Franklin,Massachusetts,United States;Louisville,Kentucky,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_048854-en Apply
Senior Specialist Problem Management
Location: Hoboken NJ
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate serves as an internal business function providing infrastructure and operational services to our family of companies. Through a shared vision and best practices, we provide efficient and sustainable solutions to meet internal customer business needs.
The Problem Management Team is responsible for minimizing the adverse impact on the business caused by errors within MGTI infrastructure, and to prevent recurrence of incidents related to these errors. To achieve this goal, Problem Management seeks to determine the root cause of incidents and then initiate actions to improve or correct the situation.
- Analyzes SEV1s assigned to determine root cause, the resolution, and identify and recommend any improvements that can be made to prevent recurrence
- Manages service relationships with assigned operating company groups by chairing weekly meetings – reviewing outages, resolutions, and ongoing corrective action items. Where required, work with the operating company IT to manage problem initiatives.
- Analyzes incident volumes and trends to identify process or technological improvements that will reduce incident volumes, streamline their resolution, or enable incidents to be resolved at lower support tiers. (i.e. identifies an application generating hundreds of password reset calls to the service desk monthly when there is already a self-service password reset feature in the application
- Conducts post mortem investigations on critical incidents, identify and recommend corrective action items, and create a business facing document detailing the incident, root cause, and steps for remediation
- Examines potential areas for service improvement and raise proposals with senior MGTI management, including the raising of Requests for Change
- Develops co-ordinates and promotes the effective functioning of problem management activities across all of MGTI’s support and engineering teams
- University degree in Computer Science or Business is preferred
- 7+ years of diverse technical experience is required
- 2+ years of experience with web reporting tools, advanced analytics, programming or business reporting in financial or Fortune 500 companies
- 5+ years Problem Management experience - in a demanding, fast paced Global IT organization is required
- Demonstrated ability of creating Post Mortem reviews and executive summaries
- Demonstrated ability to use CASD, or another service desk ticketing system
- Demonstrated ability to use MS Windows Applications including MS-Project, MS-Visio, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, MS-Access, and MS-Word
- Outstanding interpersonal and organization skills
- Superior typing, written, and verbal communication skills
- Must be a detail oriented, analytical, and an independent thinker
- Professionalism and integrity -high ethical standards, to help our clients succeed
- Ability to set priorities and deliver objectives without the need of day-to-day supervision
- Must be able to work well under pressure
- Must be able to lead and participate on regular conference calls
- ITIL or PMP certification is required
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm providing advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and human capital. It is the parent company of a number of the world’s leading risk experts and specialty consultants, including Marsh, the insurance broker and risk advisor; Guy Carpenter, the risk and reinsurance specialist; Mercer, the provider of HR and related financial advice and services; and Oliver Wyman, the management consultancy. With over 63,000 employees worldwide and annual revenue of over $13 billion, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. Its stock (ticker symbol: MMC) is listed on the New York, Chicago and London stock exchanges.
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.