Client Management Intern - Employee Health & Benefits - Greensboro, NC
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_047240-en Apply
MMA Mid-Atlantic – Greensboro, NC
Client Management Intern - Employee Health & Benefits
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
Interns at MMA Mid-Atlantic will work through a structured program and have the opportunity to work under the direction of a mentor to gain a comprehensive overview of the risk management, insurance and environmental management industries in such areas as:
• MMA Mid-Atlantic’s divisions and services including employee benefits, captive programs, self-insured funds, risk services, consultative claims, surety, and property and casualty insurance.
• Essentials of the sales and delivery process from researching and prospecting new business to proposal development and submission to the carrier markets.
• Account management responsibilities within insurance brokerage.
• Qualities of a consultative brokerage including establishing rapport, uncovering customer needs, creating customized solutions, overcoming objectives, obtaining referrals and managing leads.
• MMA Mid-Atlantic operations processes.
• Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
• Exceptional time management and organization skills.
• Must be a self-starter and demonstrate resourcefulness.
• Students who are currently sophomore or junior level are preferred and must be majoring or interested in risk management, insurance, finance management and/or business administration.
• MMA Mid-Atlantic looks for strong team players who display resourcefulness to find solutions for our clients and our agency.
• Students selected for this program must have a personal commitment to develop insurance knowledge and risk management skills.
• Interns should have their own housing near the office location where they will be working.
• Some travel may be required.