Account Manager, Employee Health & Benefits
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_070243-en Apply
MMA Mid-Atlantic – Greenville, SC
Account Manager, Benefits Small Accounts
At Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA), we approach insurance in a different way…and that means a more interesting, exciting, relevant career for you. When you work with MMA, you’ll find real opportunities to make people and businesses safer, more secure, and more successful. That’s why working with MMA is a career that matters.
- Builds and maintains strong, trusting relationships with clients and insurance carriers.
- Manages competing demands and prioritizes work processes and projects so that clients’ needs and deadlines are met.
- Prepares, analyzes and negotiates Requests for Proposals (RFPs). Recognizes trends, credibility issues and cost drivers of the data and collaborates with Employee Benefits Consultants to advise clients of options. Creates proposals for both new products and renewals.
- Demonstrates knowledge of compliance and legislative issues such as ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, ADA, COBRA, ACA, Sections 125 & 105, 5500s, etc.
- Creates and maintains client data in agency management system.
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship building skills essential.
Ability to work effectively in a fast paced, client-focused, team environment.
High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Exceptional time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem-solving and logical-thinking skills.
- Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Previous experience in Human Resources required with 3-4 years in Employee Benefits preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent career experience preferred.
- Current Life & Health license or ability to obtain within 90 days required.
- Occasional travel to various locations is required. Must have valid transportation.
We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Marsh & McLennan Agency offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, career mobility, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://marshmma.com/careers.
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.