Client Technology Specialist, Employee Benefits - MMA Greenville, SC
Location: Greenville, South Carolina, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan AgencyJob ID R_037085-en Apply
MMA Mid-Atlantic – Greenville, SC
Client Technology Specialist (226-18)
Marsh & McLennan Agency (MMA) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh, serving the risk prevention and insurance needs of middle market companies in the United States. MMA has access to broad resources and solutions across all of its sister companies under the Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) banner.
Through the strength of our management team, our geographic presence and our world class services, MMA provides public and private companies with risk management and employee benefit support that helps them flourish. We are proud to provide our clients with best-in-class services that meet their growing needs.
- Responsible for implementing, renewing, and ongoing service of employee benefit enrollment websites.
- Work with clients and account management teams to understand client needs; review details of benefit plans and policies to determine plan design and system requirements.
- Participate in sales and service calls with Producers and Account Managers to introduce technology tools to clients.
- Work with carriers, clients, and account teams to facilitate file feeds between benefits administration system, carriers, payroll vendors, and/or other HRIS systems.
- Perform data manipulation of enrollment and/or employee demographic data as needed.
- Research and resolve client issues; share findings with account management team members and client.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with clients, vendors, carriers, and internal departments to ensure successful implementations, renewals, and ongoing administration.
- Support and train members of the benefit administration team on how to use their benefits administration system.
- Effective oral and written communication and relationship-building skills.
- Ability to present information confidently in small and large group settings.
- Exceptional time management and organization skills with attention to accuracy and detail.
- Ability to look logically at technology and business-related issues and find or develop solutions.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a rapidly-changing environment and adapt to change in the workplace.
- Should grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Must be a self- starter and be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products.
- High school diploma required, advanced degree preferred.
- Previous experience in the employee benefits field with 3-4 years HRIS systems experience preferred.
- Prior experience with PlanSource or other benefits administration system is a plus.
- Occasional travel to various locations may be required. Must have valid transportation.