Business Intelligence Reporting – Lead Specialist (Marsh & McLennan Shared Services Corporation – Hoboken, NJ)
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_060105-en Apply
TITLE: Business Intelligence Reporting – Lead Specialist (Marsh & McLennan Shared Services Corporation – Hoboken, NJ)
- Decide financial systems strategy for ERP/EPM/BI system.
- Responsible for implementation and version upgrade strategy for Oracle Financials and Revenue Management and Billing product families, EPM product families and BI product families.
- Advise financial management clients on best strategy for timing of application changes and content changes and the effect on the clients.
- Analyze external trends and best practices around financial systems strategies for respective area of responsibility.
- Sell strategic vision and change management necessary to senior FIS and finance decision makers through concise presentations, ROI analysis, and change management.
- Design and build Proof of Concepts (POCS) for the applications and components identified as part of the roadmap to validate their fit within MMCO footprint. Assist PMO team to design and update standard initiative templates use by all groups within FIS to guide work with clients.
- Work with delivery teams to validate and interpret current state analysis within a given initiative. Participate in the requirements gathering phase.
- Review and validate requirements documentation produced by the delivery teams for new and updated initiatives.
- Assist with delivery teams in producing the various initiative strategies needed to design the initiative work plan.
- Assist in developing the solution design which best translates the requirements and Fit/Gap analysis into a leading best practice solution design.
- Assist in initiative POC development and presentation to clients for approval to proceed.
- Assist in the completion of the application design deliverables such as configuration documents and functional and technical specifications.
- Provide hands-on assistance to the delivery teams with any issues/problem resolution encountered, change control items needed approval, starting from build phase of an initiative until successful project deployment to meet client needs.
- Investigate complex product support issues, open support tickets and work with third party software vendors in determining the solution to fix the issues encountered, and work with the regular production support teams to perform post-mortem analysis of the cause in causes for use in responding to future issues of a similar nature.
- Must have Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering (any), or a related field plus seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience in the job offered, Programmer Analyst, or a related position.
- Must have seven (7) years of progressively responsible experience with: EPM products; BI including OBIEE, Tableau, BI publisher, Essbase, and ODI; ETL including Informatica Power Center, OWB, and SAP BW; Metadata Management; operating systems including Oracle SUN SOLARIS and Red Hat Linux; User Acceptance Testing (UAT); OBIEE Repository; Interactive Dashboard Reporting; cache management; performance tuning for production systems; and programming languages including SQL, JQuery, and PL/SQL.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.