Enterprise Technology Modernization
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Secondary Locations: Urbandale,Iowa,United States;Phoenix,Arizona,United States;Austin,Texas,United States;Toronto,Ontario,Canada;
Company: MarshJob ID R_067493-en Apply
Enterprise Technology Modernization Lead
Location: Hoboken, Phoenix, Urbandale, Austin, Toronto or Remote
What Can You Expect?
- Support from leadership and access to superior resources
- A world-class highly-functioning global technology infrastructure
- High visibility with senior leadership at corporate and across all lines of business
- Showcase your technology skills in digitization, cloud technology, DevOps, web infrastructure architecture
- Work in an environment that rewards achievement
What’s in it for You?
- Be the pivotal force that drives technology modernization in our $6 Billion organization
- Develop a reputation for taking our business to a different level by developing and implementing a strategy that includes overseeing the design of creative and scalable software solutions that address business/technical needs or challenges
- Evangelize the expansion of our corporate cloud strategy and introduce the adaptation of the newest technologies
- Share your thought leadership and leadership on how best to drive forward an agile organization
In this role, you will:
- Propel our organization on to smarter and quicker ways of working and delivering IT solutions including but limited to Dev Ops.
- Develop full-stack and reference architecture designs for infrastructure across hybrid environments inclusive of cloud platforms.
- Participate in the development of governance processes to ensure that objectives are achieved, risks are managed
- Work closely with Solution Architects/Designers/Developers to ensure consistency, compliance with IT standards, policies and architectural plans, quality of solutions and knowledge sharing
- Define and deliver integrated solutions by applying proven delivery methodologies including Agile and model-driven techniques
- Provide leadership in creating, maintaining and marketing the architectural vision and direction of information technology
- Identify opportunities and risks for architecting the company's applications or infrastructure solutions, including identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, total cost of ownership, benefits and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles.
- Leverages industry standards to guide solution decisions in relation to reliability, scalability, security and integration for the enterprise
To Qualify, We Would Like You To:
- Transform business requirements into scalable/manageable solution architecture and design specifications for reliability, scalability, security and integration
- Fluently translate broader business initiatives into clear and pragmatic team objectives and concrete individual goals
- Extensive experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Be proficient in Project Management, Systems Integration, and Testing / deployment principles
- Be a strong problem solver using various security, network, storage and compute platforms
- Be knowledgeable in Applications technologies, micro services is a must
- Be knowledgeable in standard security requirements and designs
- Be technically proficient in cloud and virtualization platforms (VMWare, AWS, Azure etc.), operating systems (Linux, Windows), infrastructure automation (Ansible, Terraform, etc.), and application hosting technologies (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes,etc.
- Strong leadership, communication, analytical, technical and leadership skills
What makes you stand out:
- Experience in emerging and innovative technologies such as Cloud, AI, Machine Learning, Block chain and how to shape IT strategy and delivery in order to leverage those technologies
- Existing thought leadership in technology modernization
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven influencing skills
- Being strategic yet tactical in leading an organization to its next level with emerging technologies
As a global leader in insurance broking and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE
Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE
Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers