Financial Reporting Manager North America
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_045881-en Apply
The MMC Financial Reporting Controller is responsible for leading financial reporting activities in the assigned region for all operating companies with oversight for general accounting, financial reporting and financial systems. This role reports to the MMC North America Controller and is responsible for management and execution of the financial close, internal and external reporting, technical accounting matters, special projects as directed by the MMC North America Controller, supporting M&A activity, and ensuring that all financial information is complete, accurate, and delivered timely to stakeholders. The FR Controller is also responsible for and ensures that the company’s internal controls over financial reporting are met. The FR Controller is able to work in a matrix organization, develop and maintain strong stakeholder relationships, drive execution while being very collaborative and promote a team environment.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provides strong proactive support for the MMC North America Controller and controllership teams including developing and mentoring the staff. Supports the resolution of technical accounting matters including research and documentation and liaises closely with the corporate financial reporting group to support corporate initiatives and information requests.
- Drives the execution of outsourced accounting processes and reviews key outputs for completeness and accuracy and partners with offshore colleagues to provide training and drive continuous improvement including the preparation of monthly after action reviews.
- Is responsible for achieving closing timetables, overseeing and supporting North America controllers team in the adherence to regulatory, statutory and tax requirements. Supports the development regional level accounting policies and procedures where required and presents financial statements for the assigned region.
- Coordinates year end statutory, audit and tax financial requirements ensuring the rules and regulations are complied with.
- Seen as a trusted advisor by stakeholders, able to act as back-up to North America Controller in meetings.
Maintains a strong stakeholder engagement & partnering with other Finance and Business colleagues in day to day operations and special projects. Ability to interface with CFO’s and controllers while working in a matrix organization. Delivers continuous improvement. Participates in integrations as a result of Mergers & Acquisitions, as required. Ability to drive consistent execution.
Education (degree / diploma):
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or similar discipline required.
- MBA or CPA is strongly preferred.
- 7+ years in finance with 3+ years management responsibilities.
Knowledge and skills (general and technical):
- Provides and oversees financial information for the country functions and infrastructure including firm wide initiatives.
- Ability to lead and drive change within a transforming and matrix organization.
- Streamlines and standardizes financial activities and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Stakeholder management and engagement, strong oral and written communication skills, ability to manage multiple deliverables and meet targeted deadlines, strong internal control background, technically proficient in US GAAP and local requirements and legislation.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.