IT Program Manager
Location: Columbia, South Carolina, United States
Secondary Locations: Hoboken,New Jersey,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_056149-en Apply
IT Program Manager
Location: Primary: Columbia, SC
Secondary: Hoboken, New Jersey
We are Dovetail Insurance and we provide an advanced cloud-based technology platform that enables independent agents deliver faster, better service and expanded product selection, while giving insurance providers access to state-of-the art platform for distributing their products.
In this position you are responsible for execution, support and assistance in all aspects of project management. Provide leadership and guidance as it pertains to project planning, execution, status reporting, communication, financial management and issues/risk mitigation. Be accountable for ensuring successful delivery of a program is completed on-budget and on-time. Manage relationships where development and/or support have been outsourced. Direct the work of several project managers, development managers from diverse areas and will have financial responsibility to meet budget and financial goals.
- Manage multiple consecutive complex projects
- Lead, design and budget of projects and effective communications to all stakeholders
- Define project structure, phasing, resource plans and activity schedules
- Prepare and track budgets, project plans and team resources
- Coordinate and plan with interdepartment teams
- Ensure realistic project, sub-project and quality plans are prepared and maintained
- Ensure comprehensive project quality and risk plans for projects of a complex nature are prepared and maintained
- Provide project and program status to executive management providing recommendations as needed
- Identify and anticipate risks and issues, facilitate resolution, mitigation and appropriate escalation
- Understand the requirements of new assignments by ensuring that assumptions are challenged, technical proposals are tested and business requirements validated with a view to better align IT solutions to business strategies
- Build, drive, manage relationships with senior internal business leaders.
- Liaise with project sponsors, and other managers within the function and within the business, managing expectations for project
- Ability to occasionally travel approximately 15%-20% primarily to Columbia, SC, US and Canada
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent experience. MBA preferred
- Minimum of 10-15 years of experience in multiple functional areas which may include: business development or project management
- Experience working with policy administration systems, i.e. Duck Creek
- Experience in Insurance industry would be an advantage
- Proven ability to drive large scale software implementation projects with high collaboration and leadership
- Applied experience in applying industry standard software development methodologies to support software delivery (SDLC, Agile etc.)
- Scope, cost resource and time management.
- Excellent written and oral communications
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure
- Excellent presentation skills and experience of presenting to senior management
- Proven track record of delivering and supporting multiple large scale programs.
- Proficiency in using the Microsoft Office suite of software
- Leads programs, mitigates risks, prioritizes and manages scope
- Lead the development and delivery of IT solutions across a variety of technologies including:
- Custom web/mobile development in Java and .NET
- Familiarity with software technologies – API , digital portal and workflow technologies
- Cloud Solutions in Azure and AWS
- Experience of having managed previous cloud software provider implementations operating SaaS an advantage
- Deliver presentations and facilitate meetings while adapting communication to varying audiences including high level stakeholders
- Liaise with broader corporation to ensure line of business alignment to corporate compliance and security standards
- PMP or PMI preferred
Dovetail Insurance is an affiliate of Marsh Inc. As a global leader in insurance brokering and risk management, Marsh helps our clients succeed by defining, designing, and delivering innovative, industry-specific solutions that help them effectively manage risk. We have 27,000 employees worldwide, operations in more than 130 countries, and annual revenue of approximately $5.4 billion, along with comprehensive global expertise that spans 26 industry practices and more than 30 risk and specialty practices. We are looking for talented professionals to join our team
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.