IT Staff Auditor
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_059020-en Apply
IT Staff Auditor
- Assists supervisors and senior auditors in the planning process of audits, including the creation of the scope, preliminary fact gathering meetings, reviewing materials received etc.
- Helps obtain a detailed understanding of an entity’s operations, including major systems, specific policies and procedures, and industry standards.
- Conducts interviews with auditees and prepare notes for review.
- Evaluates procedures and examine documentation used in the internal financial and operating control systems; determine extent of compliance with corporate policies and the effectiveness of such policies in specific circumstances through the evaluation of risk.
- Determines sample selections for senior staff review and perform testing for the four audit cycles, and document outcome of testing. Identify control weaknesses, and help assess their financial or other impact.
- Analyzes findings; formulate opinions, develop recommendations; discuss opinions and recommendations with supervisor and / or senior; participate in presentation to local management. Assists seniors and supervisors in the creation of the business profile, auditor’s perspective and potential process improvements area of the audit report.
- Completes electronic work papers for review by senior staff and coordinate receipt of audit materials required to analyze, test and evaluate the entity’s control environment. Assists with drafting audit report findings. Participates in closing meetings, providing clear explanations for our findings and ratings, as required.
- Participates in special projects, in addition to normal audit work when requested.
- Pursues certifications and continuing professional education in line with the department's needs and the auditor's career development
- BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business Management or related field.
- CISA, CIA or CPA certification a plus.
- 2 + years of related work experience in IT Audit required.
- Ability to work in teams and be flexible to work under tight deadlines and changing client needs
- Excellent verbal/writing skills for complex communications with clients, markets and internal colleagues
- Strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Superior organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Strong presentation skills
- Advanced working experience with Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Ability to travel as required (domestic and international)
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.