Reinsurance Accounting Claims Technician
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Company: Guy CarpenterJob ID R_060674-en Apply
Client Support Services (CSS) is comprised of global service teams who are assigned to specific client (customer) accounts to handle contracts, claims and accounting. The Reinsurance Accounting / Claims Technician is responsible for technical processing of premium and claims for specifically assigned client accounts ensuring strict compliance with Guy Carpenter’s operational guidelines. There are multiple positions available in Minneapolis, Hoboken, Seattle and Philadelphia.
Three levels within this job role depending upon experience:
Responsibilities & Duties
Under various levels of supervision (depending upon experience), perform all or some of the following core job functions:
- Management of assigned client portfolio. Duties to support client base will include all transactional processing, follow up and securing of reinsurance premiums, claims, and collateral transactions with timely/accurate system entry of all assigned client activity.
- Work with other areas to support collection and cash application initiatives as required.
- Manage settlement of funds to and from Client in a timely manner ensuring all applicable payment warranties and/or conditions are met.
- Ensure assigned tasks are completed accurately and in accordance with Service Level Attributes (SLAs).
- Provide detailed information on client specific accounting/claims activities to support client sales opportunities.
- Attend transactional audit/claim reviews (as necessary) with client and reinsurer at assigned client location. Prepare and facilitate premium / claim data information in advance of the review/audit.
- Promote, build and maintain relationships with Brokers, Clients and Markets. Understand their issues and working practices in order to effectively resolve problems and/or queries.
- Participate and support manager in team meetings and activities to share opinions, ideas, knowledge and solutions; maintaining strong working relationships and actively contributing to deliver outcomes.
- Collaborate with peers on complex or contentious reinsurance developments.
- Support, assist and provide guidance to less experienced Colleagues as needed.
Requirements: (Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
For all job levels:
- 4 Year College Degree (B.S. or B.A) and/or 2-5 years of equivalent professional work experience.
- Previous knowledge of reinsurance and/or insurance concepts preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) required.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a high performance team. Attention to detail in completing assigned tasks.
- Positive attitude, willingness to offer and execute ideas and solutions to enhance processes within a changing environment.
- Successful management of workload; able to manage expectations of all Clients and Stakeholders.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills, both written and verbal, delivering clear and concise messages and at all times promoting and enhancing the Guy Carpenter brand.
- Able to challenge appropriately, supporting business cases with facts and information.
- Strong ability to quickly assess and offer effective solutions to problems efficiently.
- Ability to make sound judgements independently while knowing when to bring situations to the attention of Management.
- Able to engage, influence and negotiate with Clients, Markets and Colleagues in a professional manner.
- Consistently provide guidance by mentoring and/or training colleagues.
- Consistently deliver superior Client service.
Candidates with the following additional skills would be considered for more senior placement in the role:
- 5 + years of reinsurance/insurance, accounting/claims or professional experience.
- Strong knowledge of reinsurance concepts and principles, laws and regulatory requirements (i.e., FATCA, etc.) and general business trends.
- Strong track record of successful Client account management, relationship management, engagement and development.
- Strong verbal and writing skills for complex communications (presentations, negotiations, etc.) with clients, markets and GC colleagues at all levels.