Senior Compliance Specialist
Location: New York, New York, United States
Secondary Locations: Hoboken,New Jersey,United States;Chicago,Illinois,United States;
Company: MarshJob ID R_044657-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan Companies has an opportunity to join our Legal, Compliance & Public Affairs team as a Senior Compliance Specialist. This position reports to our Senior Compliance Officer overseeing licensing and regulatory matters and is for an established professional individual contributor. This position will help the Compliance team develop and implement policies and procedures and other initiatives, and will guide licensed colleagues on licensing and related regulatory or compliance matters.
- Corporate Licensing:
- Obtains/maintains active status and good standing of all assigned business entity licenses, including initial licenses, renewals, and carrier appointments.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Communicates/responds to state licensing inquiries and related straightforward regulatory matters
- Escalates complex regulatory matters to Senior Compliance Officer
- Advises business colleagues about licensing and related regulatory matters
- Completes timely state reporting of licensing/regulatory matters as necessary
- Manages Licensing Support hotline and email box
- Compliance Monitoring:
- Acts as resource to central individual licensing services team to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and Licensing P&Ps
- Addresses complex licensing matters escalated by the individual licensing services team (e.g. criminal matters, administrative actions, license revocation, suspension, or other related regulatory issues)
- Provides training/guidance to the individual licensing services team on Policies and Procedures, SOPs, systems changes, and state requirements
- Vets and monitors individual resident license status with follow ups to individuals and managers as necessary
- Participates in other Compliance monitoring activities as needed
- Mergers & Acquisitions:
- Assists with Licensing Due Diligence and integration activities for new acquisitions/mergers as needed.
- College degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in the insurance industry
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work both independently and as a member of a team
- MS Office Skills – Must have excellent skills in Excel and manage and utilize database programs
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.