Senior Specialist - Financial Controls
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_079568-en Apply
Marsh & McLennan Companies (MMC) is seeking candidates for the following position based in the Hoboken, NJ office:
Senior Specialist- Financial Controls
What can you expect?
- This is an outstanding opportunity to become part of MMC’s Controllership organization as a Senior Specialist- Financial Controls. This role will involve functional oversight for SOX, coordination/testing, issue remediation and reviewing the work of off-shore colleagues. The main objective is to create global consistencies and standard approaches.
- The Senior Specialist- Financial Controls will also function as an internal consultant to all levels of management and interface with external auditors.
- This is an excellent opportunity to become part of an energetic team! The right person is a dynamic change agent who can help us develop our processes and culture within the MMC Controllership function. The team and its leadership come from a variety of backgrounds and welcomes diverse experiences. This position will have lots of exposure to a very supportive senior leadership team
What is in it for you?
- You will be eligible to enrol in our company health plan, 401(K), flexible spending accounts and a variety of optional insurance coverages such as pet insurance!
- This position will be eligible for 25 vacation days per year as well as 10 sick days and 9 company holidays. We value a strong work/life balance!
- This opportunity is based in our Hoboken NJ location. Our office is conveniently located next to the primary Hoboken transportation hub. You will have the benefit of working side-by-side with your colleagues in the office. This is a collaborative team, and we are looking for someone to compliment not just our skills, but our overall team dynamics
We will count on you to:
- Assesses internal controls over financial reporting as part of the company's ongoing Sarbanes Oxley compliance efforts; manages the preparation and maintenance efforts for all internal control documentation including detailed process narratives and flowcharts, outlining the controls within the transaction stream from initiation to completion ensuring they are appropriate, complete and as efficient as possible; develops and updates test work papers for key controls to ensure they properly assess the design and effectiveness of controls.
- Oversees the internal control assessments of effectiveness for the business and provides remediation support; develops the plan of controls to be tested quarterly based on annual scope; reviews internal control test work papers completed by staff to ensure appropriate tests were completed and decision on control design and effectiveness is accurate; assists staff in communicating testing results to control owners; prepares necessary reports, for Team Leader, around testing results and noted deficiencies/recommendations; monitors the remediations around control weaknesses to ensure timely resolution.
- Assists the global controllership organization with the implementation of financial systems, process changes, and ad-hoc control reviews to ensure the control environment remains strong as systems and processes evolve; understands components of project to develop a comprehensive project plan; executes review of necessary evidence to ensure controls are adequate and documented; provides improvement recommendations to the business with respect to internal controls.
- Reviews or provides input on the company’s policies and procedures to ensure they properly align with the necessary internal controls in conjunction with the leader of Financial Controls function.
What you need to have:
- The Senior Specialist- Financial Controls should have at least 5-7 years of experience.
- Ideally, a combination of Big 4/public accounting and corporate experience.
- SOX, Risk & Controls and Internal Audit experience required.
- Strong communication/presentation skills
What makes you stand out:
- Be versatile, have a good depth of experience to draw upon in Internal Controls, SOX and Audit, be passionate about making a difference
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.