Senior Tax Accountant
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_079385-en Apply
The Senior International Tax Consultant (“Senior”) is an integral member of the Tax department who will provide hands-on support for international income tax compliance (Forms 5471, 8865, and 8858), quarterly and year-end financial reporting, and tax research for all MMC Operating Companies. The Senior will prepare analyses and workpapers that require tax knowledge and experience, direct and review the work of junior staff, and assist with the use of the software capabilities of the tax provision and tax compliance systems. The Senior needs to establish and maintain partnerships with our Controllers, Treasury team and business colleagues. The Senior must also develop and maintain familiarity with Finance processes, systems, policies, and financial/tax profile of individual non-US legal entities.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Assist in quarterly and annual international ASC 740 (FAS 109/FIN 48) tax accruals, global effective tax rate calculations, and footnote disclosure.
- Prepare/review of Form 5471, 8858, 8865 using the Tax Technologies software system.
- Prepare detailed earnings and profits analysis; foreign tax credit; Subpart F income; previously taxed income; and foreign source income.
- Assist with international tax planning projects. Research tax issues for tax planning and compliance reporting and draft memoranda to support and document conclusions.
- Assist with the preparation of certain tax modeling.
- Monitor current and proposed, US and foreign, tax law changes to determine worldwide impact.
- Delegate effectively to staff to optimize efficiency and promote their retention through consistent career development.
- Demonstrate an eagerness to self-develop and explore new areas.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework demonstrating an interest in finance, tax, and/or accounting, graduate degree in tax a plus.
- 2-5 years of in-house or public accounting international tax experience.
Knowledge and skills:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, with initiative and persistence to pursue problems, resolution and opportunities.
- Broad-based international tax experience with technical experience in international tax compliance and tax provision.
- Strong communication and team skills.
- Familiarity with tax compliance and provision software; in particular, prefer experience in Tax Technologies compliance and OneSource Tax Provision.
- Strong skills in Microsoft Office.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.