Tax Technology Analyst
Location: Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_079181-en Apply
The Tax Technology Analyst will be responsible for working with Tax Department professionals to define requirements, collaborate on design and build process improvements. The Tax Technology Analyst must possess the ability to understand the tax processes (Tax Provision, Tax Compliance, and Indirect Tax) to be able to define opportunities for improvement and to be able to translate the knowledge into solutions.
- Assist tax department with data management including obtaining data, processing of data through critical tax systems, development of reporting, and management of archived data
- Ability to identify ways to automate manual task using existing financial or tax systems and emerging technologies.
- Ability to consolidate tax data to make analysis and planning more efficient
- Focus on improving reporting capabilities to enhance the department’s ability to evaluate risk and capitalize on opportunities
- Support users of tax technology with end user training and documentation
- Develop and manage existing tax technology, including testing, implementation of upgrades, and issue resolution
- Participate in requirement gathering and design sessions
- BS Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Computer Information Systems preferred
- Relevant experience in Tax Technology and corporate tax preferred.
- Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel including VBA, Power (Excel) Query
- Experience with developing Tableau dashboards and data sources and managing Tableau server
- Experience with developing and managing Alteryx workflows
- Experience with Vertex TPE ETL processes a plus
- Experience with SQL, Hive
- Experience with Robotics (Automation Anywhere)
- Experience with SharePoint
- Experience with OneSource Provision and Workflow is a plus.
- Experience with Tax Provision and Tax Return concepts is a plus.
- Experience with HFM (Essbase/Smartview and OBIEE) and Oracle preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize, organize, and perform multiple tasks with varying deadlines simultaneously.
- Ability to interact independently with peers and management, possess excellent communication and analytical skills, work under deadlines and multitask.
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/.We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.