Unix Team leader - Marsh & McLennan Companies Corporate
Location: Franklin, Massachusetts, United States
Secondary Locations: Hoboken,New Jersey,United States;Urbandale,Iowa,United States;Westlake,Texas,United States;
Company: Marsh & McLennan CompaniesJob ID R_044430-en Apply
The Unix Team Leader is responsible for leading the Unix Immediate response team
- Provide level 1 support for UNIX/Linux customers who reach out via chat, email, incident and change tickets.
- Review, approve, and assign system administrators to UNIX/Linux change orders.
- Coordinate efforts with UNIX level 2 support.
- Support OS security patch and vulnerability management.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, 24/7 environment.
- Provides continuous/consistent management reporting on the status of issues, actions, and resolutions.
- Oversees all shift activities, including approving Time & Attendance, Vacation, Sick and Performance Reviews for direct reports.
- Makes decisions for the shift and/or group as required.
o A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
o 5 years or greater as a IT manager preferably in a dynamic, fast paced 24/7 UNIXLinux environment
o Red hat Linux & Solaris experience required. AIX and HP-UX experience a plus.
o People and project management skills required
o MS Office products Excel and PowerPoint experienced preferred
Marsh & McLennan Companies is a global professional services firm offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy and people. Marsh is a leader in insurance broking and risk management; Guy Carpenter is a leader in providing risk and reinsurance intermediary services; Mercer is a leader in talent, health, retirement and investment consulting; and Oliver Wyman is a leader in management consulting. With annual revenue of $13 billion and approximately 60,000 colleagues worldwide, Marsh & McLennan Companies provides analysis, advice and transactional capabilities to clients in more than 130 countries. The Company is committed to being a responsible corporate citizen and making a positive impact in the communities in which it operates. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity. Visit www.mmc.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MMC_Global
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity