Investment Consultant - Asset Class Specialist
Location: Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Company: MercerJob ID R_035356-en Apply
We are seeking to add to our capital asset modelling team.This role will be based in Hong Kong, and fluent English is a basic requirement.You have around 5 years of experience with capital asset models, understanding Excel VBA for coding asset simulations around prescribed distributions for key variables. There will be an Excel assessment to test investment concepts and calculation skills.
Our team in Hong Kong has a diverse workforce, ranging from China, Malaysia, UK as well as being homegrown in Hong Kong. We encourage individuals who value global exposure as well as working in a new and diverse environment to apply.
This role offers a mix of research, internal team collaboration and external client exposure
- Support the senior team members on the generating of simulations, calibrating the model for quarterly updates and being responsible for the output.
- Study different markets, quantitative data from third parties and produce research papers for the team on range of topics, such as the relevance of cryptocurrency in an investment portfolio.
- Support development and enhancement of our asset models, whether to explore coding in a better language, integration with other types of asset models (e.g. for better speed and efficiency of modelling, or for modelling alternative economic scenarios)
- Participate in client projects with your asset analytics expertise, and discuss output in context of client needs.
To be successful in this role, there are some basic expectations but we wish to emphasize that Mercer takes an approach of trusting individuals to shape the role based on maximum contribution to the overall team and pushing boundaries for personal development.
- Good academic track record in numerical subjects such as Mathematics, Finance (Accounting/Management/Behavioral), Actuarial Sciences, Engineering and so on.
- Demonstrate strong communication, analytical and technical skills. Ability to articulate complex information, within parameters of your role and level, in layman and concise ways
- Have strong self-initiative and curiosity in financial services, self-motivated to seek out knowledge, test ideas and ways to contribute to the process and content of the asset modelling world.
- Have prior experience in a financial modelling capacity, whether as a support or having the task of building a specific function in a larger model. Have good knowledge and understanding of markets, e.g. correlations between different asset classes in domestic and overseas markets.Good knowledge and understanding of reflecting conditions in a quantitative models and interpreting the outcomes.
- Strong personal management in order to plan ahead for foreseeable tasks, and understand own capacity for unforeseeable tasks.
- Work experience: Welcoming candidates from consulting, banking, insurance, financial services and asset management.
- Language requirements:Strong English required. Cantonese and Mandarin would be an added benefit.