Consulting Professional (Bilingual Spanish, CPA or Forensics Specialist)
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_039156-en Apply
We are seeking a Consulting Professional in our Forensic Accounting and Claims Services (FACS) Practice within Marsh Risk Consulting (MRC). This entry/intermediate level consulting position will participate in engagements to provide insurance loss measurement and claims preparation and advisory services, as well as expert forensic accounting assistance for financial investigations to quantify damages resulting from catastrophic events, litigation or disputes.
- Coordinate with clients to obtain the necessary information to perform the agreed upon services
- Conduct industry and statistical data research via the internet and other applicable sources
- Assist with preparation of financial analysis, financial modelling, and investigative procedures in connection with various damage quantification and forensic investigation matters including business interruption, large property damage, and fidelity claim.
- Prepare working paper files with documentation of evidence obtained and procedures performed
- Assist with the preparation and delivery of internal and external presentations related to FACS practice areas and service offering
- Respect and maintain client confidentiality
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance
- Professional accounting designation (CPA, CA) strongly preferred
- Interest in obtaining a speciality forensic accounting designation
- 1-3 years of relevant professional experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience in client-facing consulting/advisory work
- Function independently within a corporate environment
- Analytical problem solving and attention to detail
- A high level of personal integrity and energy, a commitment to teamwork and a strong desire to learn
- Can effectively lead/participate in information gathering sessions and identify documentation required to support complex financial loss quantification and forensic investigation
- Ability to work on multiple files with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure to support demanding deadlines
- Proficient in English language (speaking, reading and writing).
- Required- Proficient in Spanish language (speaking, reading and writing).
- Advanced MS Office tools (i.e. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and/or Access database skills
- Some travel required (domestic and international travel possible)
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.