Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_084524-en Apply
The Placement Specialist role with Marsh will represent the company to the client on setting placement strategy. They will utilize risk expertise, and knowledge of industry and carriers, to develop placement solutions that meet client needs.
· Formulates Placement strategy by utilizing substantial risk expertise and knowledge of industry and carriers to develop solutions that meet difficult client needs.
· Devises the go-to-market strategy, advocates for the value of placement function and participates within pricing of services as applicable.
· Instructs the submission of coverage specifications and obtains quotes from carriers based upon the “assist, advise, and assume” transaction model.
· Consults with client executives and client teams to support client retention and new business production.
· Inspects the binding of coverage and is responsible for the accuracy of placement binders.
· Drives and builds relationships with practice, insurance markets, clients, carriers and/or underwriters to provide cohesive client service.
· Masters a detailed understanding of changing insurance and risk management market conditions and informs client executives, client advisors, and/or clients of major developments affecting various types of products/coverage.
· Leads complex placement/technical support activities on big accounts, such as ensuring procedural compliance, reviewing data and updating annual renewal exhibits, maintaining accurate placement system entries, to ensure contract execution as required
· Consults management on complex client issues or trends through clear and concise communication and participates in development of solutions
· Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
· Casualty broking & experience preferred
· Ability to communicate with impact across all levels of the organization
· Proficient knowledge of business systems & technology
· 3-5 years of specific product line and market experience
· Broker’s License required
· BA or BS preferred
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.