Specialist - FP&A
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Company: MarshJob ID R_048838-en Apply
Specialist- FP&A- Marsh
Financial Planning and Analysis is a critical component of a company’s overall business strategy. Marsh is looking for a skilled Specialist who will use his/her expertise to provide solid analytical support for business decisions. If you are experienced in using a wide range of financial data to collaborate with business partners on the strategy build, then we want to speak with you!
In this position, you will be responsible for a number of functions. They include the following:
- Applies quantitative analyses to financial data to develop sound and defensible recommendations
- Provides support on any additional strategic/financial initiatives that are requested of the FP&A team.
- Adheres to best practices policies and provides recommended changes, as appropriate, in order to maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
- Communicates with management on a consistent basis, to ensure sound fiscal management.
- Conducts the month end close process by preparing customized reports, researching complex general ledger activities and variances to budget and prior year.
- Updates complex financial database by entering, verifying, and securing data.
- Recommends financial actions by analyzing and interpreting financial data, making comparative analyses, offering alternatives, and preparing financial plans.
- Prepares financial planning information and reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Develops budgets and quarterly forecasts.
- Reconciles financial transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Improves job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Must be proficient in Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with Hyperion or similar is desired.
The Specialist FP&A position will be a combination of analytical and transactional elements. The right person will have a strong background in the fundamentals of accounting. Experience in an FP&A role would be great to have.
If this opportunity sounds like where you’ve been looking to bring your Financial Planning & Analysis career, apply today!
Marsh is a global leader in insurance broking and risk management. In more than 130 countries, our experts in every facet of risk and across industries help clients to anticipate, quantify, and more fully understand the range of risks they face. We work with clients of all sizes to define, design, and deliver innovative solutions to better quantify and manage risk. We offer risk management, risk consulting, insurance broking, alternative risk financing, and insurance program management services to businesses, government entities, organizations, and individuals around the world. To every client interaction we bring an unmatched combination of deep intellectual capital, industry-specific expertise, global experience, and collaboration. Since 1871, clients have relied on Marsh for trusted advice, to represent their interests in the marketplace, make sense of an increasingly complex world, and help turn risks into new opportunities for growth. Our more than 30,000 colleagues work on behalf of our clients, who are enterprises of all sizes in every industry, and include individuals, multinational organizations, and government entities worldwide. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. Visit www.marsh.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @MarshGlobal
Marsh and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits and programs including: health and welfare, tuition assistance, 401K, employee assistance program, domestic partnership benefits, career mobility, employee network groups, volunteer opportunities, and other programs. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.