Government Healthcare Financial Consultant- Virtual Opportunity
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Secondary Locations: Indianapolis,Indiana,United States;Denver,Colorado,United States;Tampa,Florida,United States;Los Angeles,California,United States;New York,New York,United States;Seattle,Washington,United States;Atlanta,Georgia,United States;Morristown,New Jersey,United States;Miami,Florida,United States;Houston,Texas,United States;Washington,District of Columbia,United States;Minneapolis,Minnesota,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_043176-en Apply
POSITION: Government Health Care Financial Consultant
Mercer’s Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC helps clients achieve better outcomes, develop and deploy defensible strategies, and reshape the delivery of health care. We deliver an individualized focus, powered by industry-leading experience, integrated capabilities and passionate people. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 34 years to face the demands and pace of change with data-driven pricing, clinically-informed policy and trusted, reliable strategies to manage and deliver care.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC.
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
The Health Care Financial Consultant will lead and manage accurate and timely data and financial analysis on large and complex state Medicaid managed health and welfare capitation projects. The Consultant will be the financial expert for projects and proposals, as well as the mentor for more junior financial/actuarial staff and oversee their basic work. This position allows for full-time telecommuting from any US location.
To fulfill this role, the Government Health Care Financial Consultant can expect to:
- Manage GHSCs projects related to government-sponsored health and welfare programs. After a project is sold to the client, the Health Financial Consultant works with the lead Client Leader to initiate the project. This includes meeting with the client and clearly defining the scope, timelines and deliverable of the project as well as develop and propose essential project documents, including the budget and work plan.
- Provide/lead detailed financial analyses and communicate the results for small- to large-scale projects.
- Ensure project team is within budget, on time and producing work consistent with the scope. Coordinate tasks with specialists on the project team, keep the Client Leader informed on the project, ensure regular team meetings and maintain project documents. As the project team leader, may produce documents stating project results, including reports, charts, analyses etc.
- Provide updates to the client team, gather additional information, coordinate data requests and advise client team on interim analyses. In conjunction with the Client Leader, may present project results to client
- Work on multiple projects with multiple clients simultaneously. In this position, will also work with peers who are specialist to coordinate the specialist's contribution to the project
- Participate in request for proposal (RFP) process. Define approach to projects, methodology of data modeling and preliminary scope of actuarial work required to complete project. Draft proposals defining suggested methodologies and estimated scope of work for RFPs
- Keep current on Health Policy environment and consider the implication of policy, law, political etc. changes impact client and client's programs
- Develop intellectual capital; lead or participate in the development of tools or processes that can be leveraged for multiple clients
- This can be a virtual position
Qualified candidates for a Government Health Care Financial Consultant position will have:
- BA/BS degree
- Minimum 7 years' experience in Medicaid health data analysis, pricing, actuarial concepts
- Experience leading teams or project teams
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills; strong command of Excel
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Strong critical thinking and analytical problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and on a team
Our deep knowledge bank, with winning strategies, creative ideas, tested innovation and industry recognized guidelines are why clients choose Mercer. This is our foundation, but our people bring everything to life, sharing their experience and knowledge to improve every outcome. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer’s stimulating and learning filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset — their people. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries, and we operate in more than 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
Built on a history of industry leadership that began more than 70 years ago, Mercer helps organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak company performance. We work with clients today on current business issues: meeting the challenges of globalization, responding to emerging skill shortages and driving top-line revenue growth. We design strategies that link executive compensation to business goals, manage escalating benefit and pension costs while preserving employee engagement, and deliver on the expectations sought in mergers and acquisitions by successfully integrating diverse workforces. Working with chief executives and HR leaders, our consultants help leverage our clients’ greatest resource — their employees.
Mercer GHSC is a specialty practice within Mercer’s Health business. Mercer’s Health business has the world’s largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities. We strategize with clients of all sizes and industries to find benefits solutions that fit their needs. We provide the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally driven best practices. Our innovations translate into superior benefits for clients and distinguish Mercer in the marketplace.
Mercer is in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary — and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available through Mercer. Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your professional goals.
To learn more about Mercer, visit us at www.mercer.com