Government Healthcare Financial Consultant- Virtual Opportunity
Location: Phoenix, Arizona, United States
Secondary Locations: Indianapolis,Indiana,United States;Milwaukee,Wisconsin,United States;Denver,Colorado,United States;New York,New York,United States;Dallas,Texas,United States;Seattle,Washington,United States;Atlanta,Georgia,United States;Morristown,New Jersey,United States;Miami,Florida,United States;Houston,Texas,United States;Washington,District of Columbia,United States;Minneapolis,Minnesota,United States;Los Angeles,California,United States;Tampa,Florida,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_056167-en Apply
POSITION: Government Health Care Financial Consultant
Mercer’s Government Human Services Consulting (GHSC) practice focuses on the unique and challenging needs of the public health care sector, providing a wide array of consulting services to local, state, and federal government agencies across the country. GHSC helps clients achieve better outcomes, develop and deploy defensible strategies, and reshape the delivery of health care. We deliver an individualized focus, powered by industry-leading experience, integrated capabilities and passionate people. GHSC has been partnering with states and other stakeholder organizations for over 34 years to face the demands and pace of change with data-driven pricing, clinically-informed policy and trusted, reliable strategies to manage and deliver care.
To accomplish these challenging and exciting tasks, GHSC brings together a team of highly-skilled and dedicated consultants, clinicians, actuaries, analysts, accountants and pharmacists across four offices in Phoenix, Minneapolis, Atlanta and Washington DC.
To learn more about Mercer’s GHSC practice, please visit www.mercer-government.mercer.com.
The Government Health Care Financial Consultant will project manage the data modeling process for our client projects. This role will also use expertise to provide the technical review of data, manage tasks and deadlines and is a resource for the client. This position allows for full-time telecommuting from any US location.
To fulfill this role, the Government Health Care Financial Consultant can expect to:
- Participate in initial meetings with the client and/or Mercer project lead to define the scope of the project. Provide insight and expertise on defining the data models, including knowledge of the capabilities and flexibility of different models. Take detailed notes on client calls to ensure accurate information is collected to determine project and data scope
- Initiate the data model architecture, evaluate the project scope to determine if GHSC can update an existing data model or if we need to create a new data model. Define data architecture based on project scope, insight from the project lead and direction from the project's actuarial advisor. Ensure data model architecture captures the full scope of the project, adheres to actuarial best practices and is flexible enough to make future adjustments
- Delegate model updating and/or model building tasks to more junior staff. Provide staff clear direction and defined timelines. Share knowledge with more junior staff and provide training as needed to complete project tasks. Act as a resource for support staff, answer questions, provide work-arounds for obstacles that arise
- Identify data anomalies and exceptions as observed in project deliverables (reports, analysis). Understand the reasons and impacts of data anomalies and exceptions on the analysis in order to explain these issues to senior staff or project lead. Think through data issues and formulate possible solutions. Communicate data anomalies with project and client team and provide insight, expertise and direction on addressing issues regarding the data anomalies
- Project manage multiple tasks on different projects simultaneously to include the following: organize project work flow and delegate project tasks to more junior staff; manage the quality and timeliness of project deliverables; ensure client deliverables are client-ready
- Create client call agendas, coordinate calls with client and project team and actively participate in client calls and meetings
- Work directly with client to clarify project scope and be a resource for the client to answer project-related questions
- This can be a virtual position
Qualified candidates for a Government Health Care Financial Consultant position will have:
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- Minimum five years of Medicaid industry experience required
- Thorough understanding of general health care concepts, state Medicaid program field preferred
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools. Intermediate to advanced skills in Excel. Intermediate skills in Access.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills. Understanding of Actuarial principles and methodologies desirable
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead small teams to deliver project objectives
- Ability to work independently and on a team
Our deep knowledge bank, with winning strategies, creative ideas, tested innovation and industry recognized guidelines are why clients choose Mercer. This is our foundation, but our people bring everything to life, sharing their experience and knowledge to improve every outcome. Employees choose Mercer for career growth, as well as the opportunity to assist clients in providing efficient and innovative ways to deliver vital health care services. Projects include helping clients navigate the Affordable Care Act, program design for innovative models of health care, analyzing health care costs and trends, and assessing quality incentives and strategies to improve overall managed care program effectiveness. Mercer’s stimulating and learning filled environment helps build strong relationships with colleagues and our clients.
Mercer is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V.
Mercer is a global consulting leader in talent, health, retirement, and investments. Mercer helps clients around the world advance the health, wealth, and performance of their most vital asset — their people. Mercer's more than 22,000 employees are based in more than 40 countries, and we operate in more than 130 countries. Mercer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), a global team of professional services companies offering clients advice and solutions in the areas of risk, strategy, and human capital.
Built on a history of industry leadership that began more than 70 years ago, Mercer helps organizations leverage the power of their people to achieve peak company performance. We work with clients today on current business issues: meeting the challenges of globalization, responding to emerging skill shortages and driving top-line revenue growth. We design strategies that link executive compensation to business goals, manage escalating benefit and pension costs while preserving employee engagement, and deliver on the expectations sought in mergers and acquisitions by successfully integrating diverse workforces. Working with chief executives and HR leaders, our consultants help leverage our clients’ greatest resource — their employees.
Mercer GHSC is a specialty practice within Mercer’s Health business. Mercer’s Health business has the world’s largest and most influential benefits brokerage and consulting capabilities. We strategize with clients of all sizes and industries to find benefits solutions that fit their needs. We provide the optimal combination of local-market knowledge and nationally driven best practices. Our innovations translate into superior benefits for clients and distinguish Mercer in the marketplace.
Mercer is in a unique position to help our clients achieve the extraordinary — and extraordinary results require extraordinary people. If you thrive on challenge, are passionate about ideas, love solving problems and truly enjoy connecting with people, we encourage you to explore the career opportunities available through Mercer. Our competitive programs, entrepreneurial spirit and team-oriented culture offer a richly rewarding and exciting environment where you can excel and achieve your professional goals.
To learn more about Mercer, visit us at www.mercer.com