Life, Absence & Disability Consultant
Location: Irvine, California, United States
Secondary Locations: Denver,Colorado,United States;Portland,Oregon,United States;Phoenix,Arizona,United States;Salt Lake City,Utah,United States;
Company: MercerJob ID R_058683-en Apply
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs.
Come join a quickly growing team at Mercer. Work with our clients providing financial, contract, administrative analysis, and manage portions of projects, including ad-hoc client requests of problem-solving on administrative and operations issues.
- Support financial analysis and review: including underwriting, data analytics, and partnership with actuaries to support funding analysis.
- Member of the consulting team in developing overall client strategy, interpret and presents benchmark data to client and ensures plan and program changes are properly implemented embody client’s strategy.
- Project management, managing the quality and timeliness of deliverables and delegates to and reviews project work of more junior colleagues.
- Manage internal specialty resources ensuring client deliverables meet client’s goals and deadlines and delegates and reviews project work of more junior colleagues.
- Involved with the preparation, completion of peer review process and delivery of clear and concise client-friendly communications.
- Work directly with the client and manages the request for proposal (RFP) process with the health insurance carriers and internal analyst.
- Collect and review the analyst’s compilation of health benefits information from a variety of sources (such as hard files, electronic files, the client and carriers), responses from the carriers and the data in a template (customization depends on client plan types, funding, rate structure, etc), and reviews the transparency documents.
- Ensure compliance with professional standards including use of templates, client calendar, peer review, and transparency.
- Peer review the information, analyzes and interprets the results, edits and finalizes the executive summary report, and send this report to the client.
- Establish necessary carrier/vendor relationships with appropriate contacts to serve clients in handling all administration (eligibility, claims, billing, plan implementation, contracts, plan changes and necessary amendments).
- At least five years of H&B or related experience
- Knowledge of MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint)
- Excellent interpersonal skills; strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a demanding work environment
- Ability to partner and lead teams to deliver project objectives; ability to work independently and on a team
- Required to obtain and maintain appropriate licenses as required by state regulations and Mercer policies
- BA or BS required
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 110 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer. For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of ourcolleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today. Visit www.mercer.com for more information and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter @Mercer.
Mercer LLC and its separately incorporated operating entities around the world are part of Marsh & McLennan Companies, a publicly held company (ticker symbol: MMC).
Marsh & McLennan Companies offers competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits. For more information about our company, please visit us at: http://www.mmc.com/. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. For more information, please visit us at: www.mmc.com/diversity.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers